DAY 8:

Words For Mikey: Day 8

Buttress: (v.) to support or hold up

That's all we're doing you know? Acting as buttresses for each other. I hate it, Mikey. I hate it so much. I want to be with you cuddled up and stealing sweet kisses and watching you instead of the show or movie. I want to watch your face light up when you see something you like and I want to see your stunning smile when you finally feel happy. I want to see your eyes sparkle with the good kind of emotion and I want to see your cheeks flushing crimson for no real reason. I actually can't remember the last time I ate, but Ash and Cal are forcing this Chinese food down my throat right now. Did I mention I'm at home? Ashton dragged me screaming, literally Calum followed us reassuring people I was fine, out of the hospital and into the car. I had a shower and I'm wearing that sweatshirt of yours with the sharpie on it. It still smells like you and I won't ever take it off. Well...I don't ever want to but I probably will. Calum seems to think that sleeping at home will be easier and I have to agree, since the bed smells like you on your side it'll be easier to pretend you're actually there. It's hard, Mikey. Holding myself together that is, because it hurts so damn bad and I can't do anything about it. The pain is indescribable, but what makes it worse is that it's emotional pain, because I know that physical pain always ends eventually. But emotional pain? It could go on forever. Please don't let it.

I love you,

Luke

"Alright, Luke," Ashton finally said. "That's enough,"

Luke stopped pacing and spared a glance in Ashton and Calum's direction. "What?"

"No more of this anxious pacing bull. You need a break from this place," Ashton stood with Calum trailing behind him and headed in Luke's direction slowly, knowing that the blonde would definitely not want to go with them.

Luke's eyes widened and he started shaking his head backing away from the advancing Ashton. "No. No Ash, please,"

"We don't have any other choice, Luke. Look at the shape you're in," Calum reasoned.

Luke had to admit he looked terrible. He felt terrible too, but he couldn't just leave. "I can't leave him here!" Luke cried.

"It's just a dozen hours or so. If anything happens we'll be back here in a heartbeat, I promise," Ashton soothed, but his calming tone was having no effect on a now nearly hysterical Luke.

And then he tears came, sliding easily down Luke's soft cheeks and he sniffled shaking his head again. His back pressed against the wall and he knew he was trapped. His eyes were wide and watery and he was so desperate. "Ash please. Please no,"

Looking at Luke seeming so small and helpless almost made Ashton and Calum reconsider, but they had promised Liz they would do what was best for Luke and they knew it was this. "I'm sorry, Luke, this is what's best for you,"

Ashton took Luke's forearm loosely and started pulling him gently to the stairs. "No!" Luke shouted thrashing wildly. "What's best for Michael, Ashton? What's best for, Mikey?"

"Michael needs the doctor's. You need to come home for a little while,"

"Calum?" Luke begged feebly.

"I'm sorry Luke, but Ash is right," Calum said sadly.

Luke felt completely dejected and soon found himself in the elevator heading down to the main floor and he was sure as hell going to make a scene.

He was shouting the whole time Ashton led him out of the hospital and fighting desperately to get back to the elevator. Calum wandered behind them assuring people that nothing was going on.