DAY: 19

Words For Mikey: Day 19

Salubrious: favourable to, or promoting health.

You're doing so well baby. Your health is improving and Dr. Nicholson said she was going to talk to your doctor and explain the new situation so he can tell the others. She reckons they can try to bring you out of the coma in two or three days. As long as nothing goes wrong than you're most likely going to live. That wasn't exactly what happened though. She got caught leaving and had to spill the beans earlier than intended. I know now that I was wrong to say what I did earlier, but I was forgiven and when the others apologized I certainly accepted. Anyways, baby, we're all waiting on you know. You're the star of this tragic show after all. When you wake up we'll but a kitten, whatever one you want, and then we'll just get out of here. We'll drive until we don't know where we are and we won't have any destination. We'll drive until you're happy and until you're okay and Michael I swear we don't ever have to come back here ever again if you don't want. Whatever you want baby, whatever makes you happiest. I swear I'll do whatever it takes to make you happy. You know I mean that right? You know I won't ever give up on you, right? You have to know that.

I love you,

Luke

"Luke?" Lucy's voice was small and quiet after just waking up.

"Hey kiddo. What's up?" Luke asked her smiling softly.

Lucy shrugged and rubbed sleepily at her eyes. "Is Michael okay?" she asked. Luke nodded and she smiled a little, "Then everything's good,"

Luke smiled at the eight year old (and three quarters) and rolled his eyes. "I meant with you,"

"I'm good too," Lucy giggled. "What about you," she grew solemn. "Do you still want to die?" she asked.

Luke shrugged. "I mean. If Michael dies, then yes. But as long as his heart is still beating I couldn't be better," Lucy rose an eyebrow. "Okay so maybe right now isn't a great example of how wonderful I am. But once Michael's awake I'll be much better. You'll see,"

Lucy giggled again.

"What are you laughing at?" Luke asked in a jokingly angry voice. "Huh? What are you laughing at?"

Luke gave chase to the eight year old with two prosthetic legs and he followed slowly behind her, keeping her constantly just out of reach. Lucy was giggling non-stop as the tall lanky blonde chased her around. When Luke finally gave in and snatched her up he threw her fireman style over his shoulder. Her prosthetic legs kicked wildly in front of his face. And the soft punches she delivered almost tickled his back.

"Luke!" she cried shrilly laughing loudly.

"Yes?" Luke asked calmly.

"Put me down!" she cried through her laughter.

"Well, if you insist," Luke tossed her as carefully as possible into the chair by Michael's bedside where she continued laughing her face glowing with joy and amusement.

"That wasn't fun," she gasped.

"Really? I rather enjoyed myself actually," Luke mused.

Lucy giggled wildly again and Luke couldn't help but smile, his own amusement dancing lightly across his tired face.

"What's going on in there?" a voice called from outside the room. Luke easily recognised it to be Ashton and he rolled his eyes at Lucy making her giggle even more. "Are you laughing?"

"Yeah, do you have an issue with that?" Luke called back.

"Well I mean-"

"Or is it just you and Calum who can enjoy yourselves?"