DAY 14:

Words For Mikey: Day 14

Aberrant: marked differently from an accepted normal; Deviating from the ordinary or natural type; Abnormal

For starters we were aberrant. I mean this in the nicest way, but nothing about our relationship was what this stupid town considers normal. For starters, we're both guys. Secondly, you're in a coma. Enough said? I think so. But aside from the 'absurdity' of our relationship, today was most aberrant. For starters, nobody bothered me while I spent the day in the chair by your bed side. Secondly, your doctor wouldn't meet my eye when I saw him on my way to piss. Thirdly, on my way back from taking a piss I saw Calum and Ashton. Wait no, that's normal. Why did I list it? Oh yeah, that's right. Because they were kissing! No not kissing. Sucking off each other's faces. They got on us, so when you wake up we are going to be all over them. Anyways it seems everything in my life has been aberrant lately. First it was having you and loving you, then losing you, then the pain that followed the initial shock, now the false anger. I need you back Michael because you became my normal and I know that there is no opportunity at normal without you here. I need you so badly, Mikey. You're my life, Michael. My reason for existing, never mind being my normal. I will not and cannot live without you in my life. If you die, Michael, if you don't pull through, then we'll be meeting in purgatory really soon.

I love you,

Luke

"Ash, what are you doing?" Calum asked as the curly haired boy dragged him down the hall.

"Gotta tell you something," Ashton muttered.

"Alright?" Calum followed Ashton extremely curious as to what was happening. Ashton stopped about half way to the bathrooms and Calum looked up questioningly, "Ash, what are we doing here?"

"I told you. I have to tell you something," small beads of sweat were forming on Ashton's forehead and Calum furrowed his eyebrows. Ashton hardly ever got this nervous for something and to say Calum wasn't concerned would be a lie. "It, it's really important," Ashton continued. "I've been meaning to tell you for a while. I mean I just, I didn't know how exactly. And I'm scared, plus I'm still not sure how I'm going to say this-"

"Ash," Calum cut off Ashton's ramblings, placing a hand on the older boy's shoulder. "Just tell me, you're my best friend. I'm not going to judge you, I know exactly who you truly are as a person and nothing is going to change that,"

Ashton fidgeted uncomfortably. "I don't know, Cal,"

"Fuck, Ash. Did you kill someone? I mean I've never done it before, but I'm sure we can hide the body and cover your tracks. I've watched enough criminal investigation shows, I'm like an expert,"

Ashton didn't even crack a smile at Calum's attempt at a joke.

"Wait, did you actually kill someone? Ash dude that's some serious shit why would you-?"

"I didn't kill anyone Calum," Ashton interrupted.

"Oh. Yeah, I knew that. Just messing around, you know?" Calum winced internally at his moment of stupidity.

"Cal, this is serious alright? I'm trying really hard to tell you,"

"Ashton, I swear nothing you can say will change anything. I was going to hide a fucking dead body for you if need be,"

Ashton cracked the tiniest of smiles, but Calum counted it as a success.

"C'mon, we're best friends remember?"

"That's the thing," Ashton finally said. "I don't want to be your friend,"

Luke was confused as to why no one had even bothered to come in after the doctor asked him to please move off the bed and into the chair. Normally Ashton, Calum, Tatiana and his mum were all trying to drag him out into the outside world, but today? Nothing at all.