Chapter 26

I was in my room and stretching out my wings. They were cramped from having to hide them all day. Bethany opened the door. Her jaw dropped in shock. I quickly tried to fold in my wings, but I tripped and fell. "How on Earth..?" Bethany wondered.
"I was born with them. But don't tell me you don't know about Dylan's rocks. You turned him over. I know. And you left Elena. Why did you do it?" "I-I wanted to live a normal life."
Bethany stuttered nervously. "Oh, like we do now." I told her. Bethany glared at me. "You know child, I can kick you out." "Yeah, like you do with everyone who isn't like you."
And that's how I ended up locked in a room all day. It got lonely. I was hungry. Thirsty. In isolation. All sounds were drowned out from the outside.
There were no windows in this room, or signs of life anywhere from the outside. What seemed like hours and hours later, Duncan and Ella joined me. "This is what happens to children when they disobey." Bethany said, locking the door behind her. "Yeah and funny how we are free to roam and talk and all the sound is blocked from over there. I see." I snarled to myself sarcastically.
We were just talking to each other, when an idea came to me. "Duncan, remember when we first met? You kicked down that door? Can you do it again?"
Ella's face brightened. "Duncan can kick down the door. Rae, you can distract them flying across the room. And we can all run out before they know what's going on." "Okay, let's go." Duncan said.
He charged into the door with all his might. The effect was like a stampede of rhinoceroses. I immediately launched into the air and flew speedily around the ceiling. "Hey!" Eric shouted, chasing after me.
Duncan and Ella ran out the door. I flew out and shut the door behind me. About thirty seven flashing lights blinded us. Shouts rang out from a crowd of people and reporters could be heard discussing topics for the cameraman to capture. "Umm.. Who called the paparazzi?" Ella whispered.