Chapter 20

The next day was stressful. We were all together again, but with secrets uncovered. Some , that we were better off not knowing. I was watching TV at a hotel when Ella came up next to me. "Did you forget?" She asked me. "Forget.. What?"Ella smiled. "Happy birthday, Rae!" I rubbed my eyes sleepily. "Huh?" Ella shoved a calendar at me. "Its September 9th, sleepyhead. Your seventeen." I kissed Ella on the head. "Thanks Ella." Ella revealed a tray from behind her back. "Made you breakfast." On the tray was a stack of hot pancakes. "Aw thank you Ella. Love you." Ella was silent for a second. "You know Rae, Duncan loves you. Don't judge him because he lied to you, or because he's a criminal. He hasn't exactly been accepted throughout his life. I'm almost ten, I know love when I see it." Ella sighed. "He's sorry. And he's shaking from envy of Roscoe." She paused to look at me. "Ella, I'm gonna go for a walk really quick."
I rapidly walked out the door and didn't notice Roscoe following me. "Happy birthday, Rae." I jumped. "Whoa- Roscoe. You scared me there." Roscoe grinned at me. " I was thinking we could go somewhere in town. Act a little normal for once." I smirked at him. "Just the two of us, huh?" "Nope. It just wouldn't be fun without Ella and Duncan." I nodded. "Okay. Where would that be?" "Oh I don't know. How does ice cream sound?" I turned around. "Ice cream sounds amazing. Race you there!" I started speeding up. Roscoe chuckled as he caught up to me. We reached the house at the same time. "Tie!" I shouted. "I think I got ONE inch ahead of you."

***********************************
Qotd: Who do you think would be better with Rae?