"Is this one of your students, Guy?" Tsunade asked.

"YEEES! He's more than a student, he's like a son!"he stated.

"I see..." Tsunade then glanced over at Naruto. "Naruto, do you really have time to be dawdling around here?" His eyes widened in realization.

"You're right! I'm suppose to meet up with Iruka sensei! I'll let you take it from here!"He called out as he disappeared down the hallway. I looked over at Tsunade. 

She looks so serious.. I just hope Lee can get better and return to his crazy training methods.

We followed Lee into his room and Tsunade told him to sit down and unzip his suit so she could examine him. She then proceeded to place her hand on his back. After using her medical ninjutsu on him, she finally spoke.

"No one will hold it against you if you give up on being a shinobi." Lee gasped and his eyes widened. I looked at her in disbelief. 

No way.. It can't be that bad... Can it?

"But..But you're not serious," Guy said, smiling nervously. "You're exaggerating , right Lady Tsunade?"

  She would never joke around about something like this.. Damn and it's all because of his fight during the Chunin Exams..

".....His injuries have left numerous bone fragments embedded in his spinal column. It's a miracle that he can still move at all. He's physically incapable of carrying out the duties of a shinobi."she replied.

"This is some kind of test, right?"Guy questioned. "You don't really mean that?"

"Even if I were able to operate-" Guy then spoke over her.

"Don't listen to her, Lee!" He yelled, pointing at Tsunade. "That's not Lady Tsunade! It's an impostor! It's some kind of demon that transformed itself to look like her! Who are you?! What do you want?!" In response, Lady Tsunade turned her head to him. The look on her face was enough. There really isn't much she can do.. Shizune walked up to him, placed her hand on his shoulder, and shook her head sadly.

"....So I have no chance?" Lee asked in a low voice. "It is hopeless?"

"No one but me could even attempt the operation but even with my skills, the risks would be enormous," She told him.

"What risks?" Guy asked.

"The chances of it being successful are fifty-fifty at best. If it should fail, he'll die." I stare at her, horrified before looking at Lee. Oh no.. Lee... "It's best if you give up being a shinobi; find a different path." Lee began to breathe very heavily, sweating. Then, he pulled his suit back up, and reached for his crutch. Without saying another word, he walked past Guy and closed the door behind him.

"If I had known you were going to do this, I would never let you see him."Guy informed through his gritted teeth.

"Don't say that!"Shizune san said but Tsunade rose her hand to silence her.

"I understand your pain. Believe me, I get no pleasure from this but he needs to know the truth, and to know it now. A choice has to be made. Putting it off won't make it any easier." She said. 

Guy sensei closed his eyes, sighing. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The very next morning I went back to the Hokage building. As I made my way through the hall, I spotted Shizune, Tadashi along with Izumo and Kotetsu. "Shizune san!"I called out, walking up to her. "What's going on? Why are they tugging at the door?" Shizune was cut off when Kotetsu shouted to the person inside.