Chapter 10

Hey Lovelies,

I know it's been a really long time but I thank you for hanging in there with me through it all (hard pregnancy, new baby, etc.) You guys are really awesome. And to show you that I have every intention of finishing my stories here is the next chapter. While I'm not sure when my updates will be I am always writing.

Don't forget to comment and vote.

And as always stay lovely,
AM <3

Chapter 10

Cera sat at the table alone, absently spinning her wine glass. A phone call would've been fine with her, but Byron's personal assistant said he insisted they have dinner together. She had hoped that by arriving early she would be able to get it over with sooner, but it seems Byron had planned to arrive at the scheduled time. Cera wouldn't put it past him to show up late just to push even more of her buttons.

She said a silent prayer that Byron would only stick to talking about business tonight. While her attraction to him was obvious, Cera didn't want anything to get in the way of their working together, if he decided to work with her. Byron's indecision had plagued her all week. Despite her best efforts to stay busy, there were still too many hours left in the day for her to think. All that thinking had only left her with zero answers and a serious case of hives.

Cera hadn't been more nervous in her life. There were so many things she was sure of, so many things that didn't need questioning, but Byron wasn't one of them. He was unpredictable at best, a factor that she couldn't control. Cera's only way for dealing with him would be to remain as professional as possible from now on. If only she could stop thinking about that kiss.

Byron entered the restaurant at exactly the time they had agreed on. He stepped to the hostess and gave her the name of the reservation and found out that Cera had already arrived. He was glad. He had been half worried that she wouldn't show up at all. The angle at which he approached the table meant that he saw Cera before she saw him. This allowed him to enjoy the view of the beauty before him without being called a pig.

Byron watched her sitting at the table wine glass in her hand. He found himself silently thanking God that she hadn't decided to fully cover up in another attempt to ward off his advances. It hadn't worked well in her favor the last time anyway. Her curly hair was up in another bun, not a hair out of place. Byron took in her outfit and was slightly surprised that she hadn't worn more business-like attire. Her red lace dress seemed more suited for a cocktail party than a business dinner.

The bright red dress had an overlay that was made of lace. Her sleeves were long and she had a turtleneck collar. The only skin that was showing on the upper part of her body came from a small oval shaped cutout at the small of her back. While her top half was covered almost completely in red lace, Cera's form fitting dress stopped mid-thigh, once again revealing a gorgeous pair of legs to Byron. His fingers twitched with the urge to touch that flawless golden brown skin with no barrier between them. He glanced down at her shoes and saw that they were golden with an intricate design of crystals on the back. Damn, this woman has style.

Having worked in the fashion industry for most of his adult life Byron noticed how most women seemed to go overboard when getting dressed. They had too much jewelry, were showing too much skin, or just had an overabundance of everything. Cera put herself together in a way that simply flowed. Whenever he saw her there was a balance in the things she wore. It was one of the reasons he liked her and the primary reason he decided to let her be his stylist.