Chapter 11

Here's the latest chapter, Lovelies. The attached song puts me in the mind of the way Byron feels about Cera. 

Enjoy! Please comment to let me know your thoughts.

xoxo, AM <3

Chapter 11

Cera sat wine glass in hand, at her drawing table as she lazily sketched a new design. This one was for her new men's line, the one inspired by Byron. Her next sip turned into a hearty gulp followed by a heavy sigh. Rarely a day drinker Cera figured she would have one more glass before she called it quits. After the night she had a few glasses of wine couldn't hurt.

Her dinner with Byron had left her agitated and aching. With no one to call and her battery operated boyfriend not getting the job done Cera had a restless night. When sleep finally came, if it could be called that, it was only two hours before it was time for her to head to the gym. Figuring that work might take her mind off of Byron and his talk of sex on conference room tables, after her workout Cera showered, dressed, and headed to her studio.

Figuring she could get a jump start on the line that would be designed after Byron's style Cera prepared her drawing table. She'd be lying if she said she wasn't nervous about Byron's fashion line. While designing was her passion and something she knew she excelled at, his line of clothes would need to be approved by him. It wasn't so much mandatory as it was a courtesy. The same courtesy she extended to her sisters when she first to them she wanted to model the lines after them. She felt it even more necessary for Byron to approve his line since he would also be working as a partner. Before starting work she turned Pandora to an R&B love song station and poured herself a healthy glass of wine to help take the edge off her nerves.

She was now halfway through her second glass of wine and nearly finished with her first design for a casual outfit when she heard the intercom buzz for the downstairs door. Cera frowned while checking her phone. She thought she might've missed a message or a phone call alerting her that someone was on their way, but she had no new notifications. Cera wondered who could be dropping by unannounced at nine in the morning on a Saturday.

She walked to her desk and connected to the intercom. "How can I help you?"

"Ms. Michaelson, its Byron Steel. Mind buzzing me in?"

Cera reeled back slightly at the voice coming through the speaker. What is he doing here? Cera unconsciously started straightening her blouse and checking to make sure there wasn't a hair out of place. She was still running through possible reasons for his visit when his disembodied voice came to her again.

"Cera, I'm still waiting. Open the door."

Cera rolled her eyes at his command. He hadn't even stepped through the door yet and already he was irritating her. "I'm in the studio." She told him simply before pressing the button to unlock the door. As she waited for him to join her she made her way back to her drawing table and her glass of wine. She was glad she had it now if she was going to have to deal with him in person. As hot as he was and as sexy as his kisses were his arrogance and attitude were still annoying.

As she took a much needed sip from her glass a thought nearly stopped her in her tracks. What if he changed his mind? The thought had barely formed in her mind when she heard the sound of the old elevator stopping on her floor. The doors were pulled open and Byron stepped out looking as good as he always did in a powder grey suit with a stark white shirt and no tie.