Chapter 2

Cera stepped off the elevator and walked down the hallway to her condo. As she unlocked her door she heard her neighbor exiting his apartment.

"Hey Shaun. Going out tonight?"

"Yeah, just grabbing a few drinks with the fellas. I won't be out for too long. You can come by later if you want."

Shaun was someone that Cera hooked up with. She chose not to be in a relationship because she liked to have her freedom, but she was a woman with needs and vibrator just didn't cut it sometimes.

"I think I'll have to take a rain check on that. I've had a long day."

"Alright then. Later."

Shaun gave her a smile as he headed towards the elevators. Cera smiled to herself as she walked into her place. She knew that she would more than likely be at Shaun's house on a different night this week so that he could help alleviate some of the stress that she has been under lately. Today, however, she was too worn from having to deal with Mr. Byron Steel all afternoon. Cera did not feel like being bothered by another man.

Cera locked the door behind herself as she slipped off her shoes. She dropped her keys and her bag on the counter, after taking out her cell phone, as she walked into the great room that was her kitchen and living room. She continued her trek to her bedroom while softly singing the lyrics to Blow by Beyoncé.

"Can you lick my Skittles, it's the sweetest in the middle. Pink is the flavor, solve the riddle."

Cera used her phone to send a message to her friend Méa to see if she was busy tonight. Méa was another of Cera's friends with benefits, and while Cera didn't want to be up under a man tonight, she had no problem with the company of a woman. She didn't see herself as a person that was labeled straight, gay, or bisexual. She was a woman that preferred to have sex with her friends no matter what their gender was. She found it much better than having emotionless sex with strangers. She liked the connection that she had with her friends. She liked that they were comfortable enough to be so intimate with each other and still maintain actual friendships. So as long as they were single and remained friends, they could use each other for their needs as much as they wanted.

"I'm a lean back, don't worry it's nothing major. Make sure you clean that, it's the only way to get the flavor." Cera let her singing fade into humming as she stepped into her walk-in. Just as she removed her last article of clothing from her body she received a message from Méa saying that she was free tonight and would be at Cera's place in twenty minutes. Cera messaged her back to let her know that the door would be open and she could just come right in when she arrived.

Cera slipped on a robe and walked back to her kitchen. It was the place she used the least in her condo. Cera rarely had a desire to cook anything at her apartment because she was almost never home. She spent most of her time at her studio and her store. The only time there were groceries in the house was if someone else bought them for her, or if she bought something because of a craving.

Yesterday she brought home some strawberries after her morning workout. She took them out of the fridge and sat down to quietly much on them. She had had an early lunch and didn't feel much like stopping for food on her way home. She figured she might order some later if Méa decided she was hungry. After polishing off a handful of strawberries, Cera tossed the stems in the trash and returned the basket to the fridge. She went and unlocked her door so Méa could let herself in, then walked back to her bathroom to prepare for her shower.

She turned on the taps in the shower so the water was hot but not steaming hot. She took a ponytail holder and put her mass of curls in a high ponytail on the top of her head. She did her let routine of removing her makeup and cleansing her face before she removed her robe and stepped into the shower.