Chapter 12

Finally found the perfect representation of Byron. This is him when he's being goofy. Lol. Enjoy the chapter! 

Chapter 12

"I don't know why you don't stop playing and hop on that man and ride him like a serfboard." Méa laughed. "You know you want that man as bad as he wants you. Just give him some and move on."

Cera laughed with her but shook her head. When she met Méa for their usual shopping date she decided to tell her about everything that was going on with Byron. Though they were sexual partners, Méa had never been the jealous type and was always a friend first. Cera knew she could find an attentive ear and sound advice; without judgement.

"No matter how much I want him, you know I don't mix business with pleasure."

"Okay, but baby that was a long time ago and I don't see how you plan to get any business handled when all y'all want to do is suck face." She finished with a scrunch of her face and sticking her tongue out.

"Oh Mon Dieu. That is Mr. Byron Steel. I have never initiated anything with that man." Cera protested.

"You never stopped him either."

"Well the shit was good. I said that I didn't initiate it, not that I didn't like it."

Now Méa was the one to shake her head. "Exactly why yo ass won't be getting any work done. That man will have you spread over your desk before your show. Just you wait."

Cera couldn't help but laugh at her friend's bluntness. She had only hoped the lady browsing the rack next to them had heard. Though Méa didn't seem to mind; if anyone had been offended then they needed to be minding their own business. Cera herself didn't truly care if anyone was offended, but with her business being on the rise and her name and face becoming more noticeable wanted all of her personal matters to remain just that.

"He's not going to have me spread over anything. And he won't be having me at all. And besides we won't need to work together for a while so that will give me time to build my resistance up."

Méa only shook her head at her friend. "You are so dumb." Ignoring her friend's shocked look she continued on. "What kind of resistance do you think your horny ass is going to have against that fine ass man?"

Cera opened her mouth to protest but was cut off. "And I don't want to hear that flimsy ass excuse about him being promiscuous because not only is that not your concern but you aren't squeaky clean yourself, Little Miss Three Partners Currently."

Cera still tried to protest and was interrupted again. "And I don't want to hear about him being arrogant or the way he treats his women because is it really wrong for him to expect something in return for the ratchet females who just want to be seen with him, or are just after his money? You told me he asked you what your end game was. That sounds like a man who is used to making deals to get what he wants and it sounds like the women who fuck with him accept it. There's no reason for you to worry your pretty little head about that. Honestly, the only thing really holding you back is you."

Cera waited a beat before she tried to speak again. When she was sure her friend was done she once again opened her mouth to talk. "Okay but can we stop talking about this here before the whole damn department store knows my business?"

Both ladies burst out laughing as they gathered their items for purchase and headed to checkout.

****

The next day, Byron sat at his desk checking the emails his assistant had marked as important. He was looking over one from his realtor regarding possible buildings for a new gym in Phoenix. He really needed to make a trip down there to see them in person. The sooner he got this project underway the better.

He was checking out the pictures of a building that had once been a nightclub when his assistant appeared at his open office door.

"Mr. Steel, a messenger just dropped this off for you." She handed him a large white envelope with his name written in a fancy scrawl on the front.

"Thank you, Carol." Byron saw the knowing look on his assistant's face. He didn't question it though. The older woman had been with him from the start of his business, but had known him since he was just an infant in diapers. She was one of his mother's best friends and had practically helped raise him. She always did her work efficiently and her years on the job meant that she often knew what he needed before he asked. She had become his best asset on the job.

"Check inside as well." She threw over her shoulder on her way back to her desk.

Byron only raised an eyebrow as he proceeded to open the envelope. He pulled out a sheaf of papers held together by a black clamp. He looked at the top page and saw that it was the contract he sent to Cera. He flipped through the pages and saw that her initials were scrawled on all the indicated spaces and her signature looped on all the right lines. He smiled when he saw that there was a pale pink post-it note attached to the last page above the final signature.

The terms are fine. Thank you for your confidence in me and my work. –CM

Byron smiled as he read her pretty cursive writing. He was glad that he had gotten through to her even a little bit. He hoped that the confidence his words brought her would last even for a little bit. Remembering what Carol told him, Byron looked inside the envelope once more and pulled out another smaller envelope. The front was addressed to him in fancy, gold calligraphy. He opened the envelope and pulled out a card inviting him to her next fashion show.

While he was pretty sure that he would be making an appearance, he hadn't really expected to be formally invited. He noted that a plus one was included. He checked his calendar and noticed that his time with Jasmine would be over by then so he would need to find a new date. He checked the time and saw that it was a little after one. He checked his schedule for the day and saw that he didn't have any meetings until four 'o clock. If he left now he could hopefully catch her before she went to lunch.

Let me know what you think Cera should do. Should she let Byron be her serfboard? Or should she keep it strictly business? Don't forget to add why. - AM <3