Chapter 6

Sorry Lovelies I was so excited I posted the chapter with my author's note. Lol. Here it is. -AM <3

Chapter 6

Cera woke up the next morning still wrapped in James’ arms. Her first instinct was to push him off because she was hot, but then she saw how peaceful he was sleeping and decided against disturbing him. Instead she just laid there watching him. She was glad that he didn’t snore because that would have totally ruined the moment for her. She reached out and traced the curve of his lips with the tip of her index finger. She watched as he stirred just a little bit. She fought the temptation to touch him again, for fear of waking him. As quietly as she could, she slid out the bed and made her way to the bathroom. She took a quick shower and threw on a pair of short shorts and a tank top to go do her morning workout.

When Cera came back to her place it was to James in her kitchen cooking. He moved around in nothing but his boxer as he prepared what looked like eggs. She quirked an eyebrow at him as he went to reach for plates. “Who told you could use my stove?”

“I did. Sit down.”

Cera remained standing as she cocked a hip in James direction. “What have I told you about making demands of me, James Maddox.”

James placed the holding into the sink and walked over to Cera. He grabbed her hands and pulled her closer to him. “Would you please sit down, you beautiful woman, so that I can feed you,” he said in an annoyed voice that was still playful. He smiled and gave her a chaste peck on the lips. He kept hold one of her hands and led her to one of the island stools. He picked up her plate and sat it down in front of her. “Now if you eat it all I might reward you later.”

Cera laughed at his words and picked up a piece of bacon. “And what happens if I don’t eat it?”

James’ eyes darkened as he slid a strawberry banana smoothie in front of her. “Then I get to spank you.”

“Don’t tempt me. I just finished a workout, I actually need to eat.”

James chuckled as he sat down next to her. “Well then, maybe I’ll spank you even if you do eat your food.”

The two sat there finishing their food in relative silence. When they were finished, James volunteered to clean up the kitchen so Cera could take a shower and prepare for her day. When her shower was finished she donned a pale pink robe and sat at her vanity to do her hair and makeup. She brushed her hair back into a neat ballerina bun that rested at the back of her head. She applied natural colored eye shadow with a little shimmer to it; she lined her lids and added just a hint of wing, lastly she used a pale pink lipstick for just a hint of color. With that finished she headed over to her walk-in closet.

Cera looked around at her massive clothing collection. She shuffled through the clothes as if she was searching for something to wear. It was mainly to kill time seeing as she had already had this outfit planned out for weeks in her head. James, having finished with the kitchen, leaned on the doorjamb just watching Cera. He watched as she seemingly debated between a charcoal suit with a skirt and a white pant suit. He crossed his arms and shook his head at her as she moved on to look at a grey suit.