Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Cera sat in her office chair tapping her heels on the floor and starting at her phone. She had just started down the rabbit hole of wondering if Byron would answer if she called him first. Knowing him he would answer, be smug, insist she have sex with him, and still not give her an answer. Just as she was about to pick up the handset she heard someone call out her name. James started up the stairs and Cera, who had been sitting like a deer caught in headlights, snatched her hand back from the phone as if she was holding it over an open flame.

James smiled as Cera came into view. “You were about to call him weren’t you?”

Cera gave a strained smile and nodded. “Yes, but it wasn’t my fault.” She protested, “You took too long. I told you my problem and you know that I need constant supervision.”

“I’m sorry, Bella. My meeting ran long and I thought work would be a sufficient distraction for you." James looked around and saw that they were alone. "I thought Caprice was still here with you?”

Cera shook her head, “Nope. She jetted off to some other foreign country early this morning. And I can’t concentrate on work. I’ve been staring at this phone for 30 minutes now and my resolve was starting to break when you came in.”

James nodded and plopped down on the couch next to Cera’s desk. “Well, I am here now. Your faithful servant, come to keep watch over my fair maiden.”

Cera laughed at James’ fake accent and put on one of her own, “Well thank you kind sir. But what the lady really needs is some food. You didn’t happen to bring any of that did you?”

“I did. It’s downstairs on the table. But you have to compensate me for my troubles first.” James gave Cera a wicked smile as she stood from her chair and made her way over to where he sat.

Cera stood in front of James and tapped her heel clad foot on the floor. She wished to straddle him but her long pencil skirt prevented her from doing so without them being caught in a compromising position if someone were to walk in. Plus she was hungry and didn't really feel in the mood for fooling around. Instead she leaned forward and placed her hands on either side of James' head on the back of the couch.

She was glad she worn a blouse with buttons in the front and she had already left a few undone giving James the perfect view of her cleavage. She smiled to herself knowing that he was enjoying the show she was putting on. She kissed him softly on the lips before moving to trail lighter kisses to his right ear.

Making her accent as thick and sexual as she could make it, Cera whispered in his ear, "Thank you, Mon Prix." She nibbled his earlobe for effect before standing upright. "Now, let's eat please," she practically begged as she headed down to sit at the conference like table she had set up on one side of her studio floor.

James exhaled a deep breath before getting up and following behind Cera. He smacked her on her ass before she had a chance to sit down. "Do that shit again and I will take you right here on this table, Bella. I have been too stresssd and it has been too long for you to be playing those types of games today."

"Too long? It hasn't even been a week yet." Cera gave James a questioning look.

James smiled, "Exactly."

Cera rolled her eyes at him. If he thought he was getting anything out of her right now he would be sorely disappointed, at least until after she was fed. She wasn't worried though because she knew that James had mostly been joking with her. She didn't like the sound of him being stressed out though. She thought maybe if she let him vent it would help her forget about the phone call she had yet to receive. And if she could help him solve any of his problems then she could kill two birds with one stone.