Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Cera hung up the phone in her office and stood up from her desk chair, smoothing down her skirt and straightening her blazer. Her usual sales girl had just called in sick and because her coworker already asked for the afternoon off, Cera had to work the counter. Any other day she would have been okay with this, but this was not any other day. She had a little more pep in her step as she willed herself not to take the stairs two at a time. This wasn't exactly how she planned on them meeting but it would have to do.

She knew enough about this man to know that he was the guy for her. He was just what she had been searching for. She checked her watch just as she was rounding the corner into the front of the boutique. He would be here any minute now. She smiled as she thought to herself again. Together we will do big things.

This had become her mantra. It was the one thing that she had to keep in mind while she continued to develop her plans. She had been working on this for months. Taking most of her time and energy and putting it into this project. She refused to fail. She paid attention to every detail that was necessary for her plan to succeed. Now all that she needed was the man.

Cera looked up as she heard the tinkling of the wind chimes attached to the door of her storefront. She watched as a tall, dark skinned woman walk through the door. Another model. She thought to herself with an internal smirk. With so much height and a face like that, there should be no reason that she isn't walking the catwalks. Cera gave her a small smile as she continued to think of ways that she could possibly recruit the woman for her next show. She pushed the thoughts of the model to the back of her mind as she heard the chimes jingle a bit more. Her target has arrived.

Cera focused her eyes on the tall, dark, and handsome man that stepped in behind his eye candy. She walked around the counter in order to greet them both. She watched as his eyes drifted lower to check out her ass in the white pencil white skirt that hugged her curves and barely grazed her knees. She suppressed an eye roll. Must he be so obvious? The woman is standing right there. Cera didn't care that he was checking her out. She knew that she looked good. She needed no one to confirm that.

She had always been on the chunky side as a little girl, but as she got older she learned that she had to work for the body she wanted. And work she did. Since the age of 16 Cera has been in the gym daily, tightening, lifting, and toning every part of her body that she could. Though she never tried to be a size 2, Cera knew there was a better version of herself. She didn't work out to be thin; she worked out to be healthy. Now seven years later, her curves were even more pronounced and her assets stood at full attention. With the added effect of her dazzling smile and wild mass of curly hair, she had more reasons than plenty for men to ogle her and women to hate her.

When he was done checking her out, the tall piece of chocolate managed to make eye contact. As he looked at Cera he slowly let a smirk ease onto his face. She had to swallow back the bile that rose in her throat at wink he gave to her while sliding his arm around the gorgeous model. Poor girl, she thought again. I hope she doesn't get too attached. Cera knew that as handsome this man standing in front of her was, he was just as notorious for his playboy ways.

Byron Steel was a name that was well-known all over California, as well as some major cities both nationally and internationally. Having gotten his start as a model at the age of 16 became a major face in the fashion business. Byron Steel became a well sought after male model for both print and runway shows. He continued with his modeling career all through college while studying business administration, until he graduated in the top ten percent of his class.

After graduating from college, Byron used part of the money he earned from his modeling career and started his own fitness company. Starting with just one luxury gym, with top of the line everything and every service imaginable, Steel Fitness spread like wildfire. Steel Fitness is one of the most successful fitness companies in all of California. The business has even spread to major cities across the US, and there have been talks of it making an appearance internationally.