“I just am.”

I sighed, as he stood, he healed a hand out to me, and smiled. I took it, without hesitation, and got up. Soon enough, I was thrown over his shoulder, as he ran at his usual unnatural speed.

The sun was setting behind the trees, as we approached the edge of the forest. Jeff lowered me to the ground, and put the hood of his jacket up. “Why are we here?”

“Cover your face.” Was all he said.

I obeyed, and pulled my hood over my head, hiding my light brown locks, under the heavy black fabric. He grabbed my wrist and we walked into the city. He was silent, but seemed happy. I was confused by this.

 “Jeff?” I whispered.

He let out a small chuckle. “Yes?”

“Where are we going?”

“You’ll see.” He stopped under a street lamp, and looked at me. “Do you have your knife?”

I nodded. “Why do you ask?”

“We’re going to kill.”

“What?!?! No!” He cupped his hand over my mouth so I couldn’t yell anymore, and smiled wickedly.

“You have no choice. Only creepypsata can live in Slender Manson, and they might try to kill you, if you’re not a killer.”

I pushed his hand from my face. “Who’s going to kill me?”

“Zalgo. Now if were done with questions, let’s go.” He grabbed my hand and dragged me away before I could object. Surprisingly, I didn’t react the same way a normal person would if they were told they had to kill someone. Over the last few months that I had known Jeff, death became something that I was used too. I know it’s a harsh thing to say, but I didn’t mind the deaths of others.

Maybe it’s my natural blandness?

Or maybe it’s because I’ve done it before?

*FLASHBACK (Irony age 9)*

Another night alone. Mom had been gone for about a month now, and I was making pizza rolls in the microwave. I took my food to the living room, and flopped on the couch. My six month old puppy, Toby sat next to me sleeping. There was a knock on the door, and I walked over to answer it.

I frowned, when I saw my mother’s ex boyfriend. “Hey Josie, mom isn’t here.”

“Don’t lie to me.” His tone was desperate, and annoying. I attempted to close the door, but he pushed it open, pushing me to the floor. He pointed a silver handheld gun in my direction. I didn’t know much about guns, but you didn’t have to know much, to know that it could kill you. “Where’s your mother, Irony?”

I looked around for something I could defend myself with. All I had was the keys in my pocket, so I reached and grabbed them, without him noticing. “Mom isn’t here, I promise you.”

“LIES!”He screamed, putting his hand on the trigger. I quickly moved out of the way of the guns range, dodging the bullets pain, as I heard a loud pop. I pierced my key, deep into his arm, and he dropped the gun, screaming in pain. He kicked me to the ground, where I hit the wall. He walked to me angrily; in his hand was a small knife.

I looked around, and right next to me was the gun. I quickly grabbed it, and pointed it at him. “Go away!”

“You won’t pull it, put I will kill you, if you don’t tell me where your mother is.” His usual scared and friendly tone was gone, and his eyes were filled with evil.

He was really going to do this.

“P-Please don’t. I d-don’t know where s-she’s at.”

“LIES!” With that he lunged at me. Before he could touch me I closed my eyes and pulled a trigger.

I heard a thump, after the gunshot, and soon a warm liquid stained my socks. I refused to look, I was too scared too. I knew what I had done, and I wasn’t sorry.

I felt like a monster.

“Irony!” I heard someone’s worried voice close by.

I opened my eyes to see a small, scared woman, at the doorway. “M-Mommy.” My voice was small, and scared.

She ran over to me, kneeling by  my side and holding me close. “Its alright baby, mommies here, and she won’t let anyone else hurt you.”

Of course that was a lie.

“Irony.” Jeff’s voice snapped me out of my trance.

“Yes?” I blinked dumbly.

“Let’s go.” He pulled out his knife, and directed me into a small red brick house, through an open window. He held my hand, and walked me over to a pink door, and smiled. I shook my head, telling him “No” without words. He rolled his eyes, and slowly opened the door, without making a sound, and pushing me inside. He smiled at me before closing me in the room alone. There was a girl on a bed. The sheets were pink, with a white lacy end. The pink colored room made me gag.

 I walked over to the girl who was on the bed, and smiled recognizing the brown headed bully. I pulled out my knife, and shook her roughly, instantly waking her up. I hid in the darkness so she couldn’t see me.

“Hello?” Her small, innocent, pathetic voice called out.

“Hello Faith.” I stepped into the light, that shown through her window. “Nice to see you again.”

“What the fuck are you doing here, Freak?!” She obviously wasn’t scared of me, and that made me smile.

“Freak?” I laughed like a mad man, slowly raising my blade, bringing it to her attention. “I’ll show you what a freak is.”

“W-What are y-you d-doing?” I loved the fear in her pale brown eyes, as she struggled to get the words out.

It felt… amazing.

I pulled her out oh her bed, and threw her tiny body on the floor, laughing. “Isn’t this ironic? You bully me for years, never holding back, then this happens.”

Tears rimmed her eyes, just one managed to flow down her rosy red cheeks, as I pressed the blade to her lace covered chest. “Please, Irony, I won’t do it again. We can be friends!”

My smile grew. “Wow, you really are stupid. You should have known I was bound to snap.” With that I  moved my blade down to her stomach, and pushed in.

The scream that left her lips, was blood curling, yet refreshing. I enjoyed seeing the white fabric turn red, and her fight to get me to stop, as I twisted the blade in her stomach. The most pleasure I got was the fear in her eyes, fading. It all faded into nothing.

She was gone.