Chapter 1

>Okay guys I'm still figuring out how this works, its my first time doing this, take it easy on me please.

thanks :D<

I got home, and ran to my room. "What the hell just happened." I wispered looking at Toby. I scrached behind his ear. "Are you okay Toby?" I felt my heart beating out of my chest. I felt adrenalen, pumping trough my body.

This dog. This dog saved my life.

I Kissed his head, and walked downstairs, to feed him. "Come and eat Toby." I set his bowl down.

"Irony, why are you crying." I heard a soft voice behind me.

I turned and ran into my mothers arms. "Mommy." I sobbed.

"What happened?" She held me close, and wiped the streaming, hot tears from my eyes. Up until now, i hatent relised i was crying.

"Mom, I-" Should i tell her? I dont want her to worry. Will she even belive me? I wouldnt belive me. I dug my face into her sholder. "It was just a bad dream." I lied.

"Are you sure?" She said, pulling away from me. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"Im alright, mom." I managed to pull off a smile. Not a very good one, but it was still a smile.

"Alright Irony. I need to go to work, I wont be home tonight ether. "

I nodded. "Is Steven going to be here?"

"Steven left on a fishing trip, with friends. Its just you and Toby unil i get back tomorow."

I nodded agian, seceretly happy my mothers, crappy boyfriend wasnt going to be home. My mom handed me a twenty, then walked out the door. I shoved the money in my pocket, and walked to the living room.

"Your mother seems nice."

That voice.

Oh no.

I heald back tears. I felt him behind me. Somthing cold, and medal touched my cheek. It had to be the knife he attacked me with this morning.

"Tell me, Why'd you run?"

I didnt answer, i was shaking. I looked around the room for somthing to protect myself with. On the coffie table, was one of Stevens hunting knives. I leaped up, and grabed it. I faced the monster, who wanted to take my life. "Who are you?" I nearly shouted in fear. I felt Toby run into the room, when he say the man, he began to growl.

"Your not going to make this eazy are you?" His smile widened.

"Your damn sure i wont." I spoke with strenth, trying to hide how scared i was.

The man walked closer, he put his knife in his bloody hoodie. "How old are you?"

"16" I answered. He slowly tried to pull the knife away from me. "No!"I yelled, pulling the knife away.

"I think i'll spare you," He smiled wider. "Somthing about intrest me."

I was spechless. I rasied a hand, telling Toby to stop his growling, and lowered the knife to my side. "Who are you?"

"Jeff."

- - -

I woke up; I walked to the bathroom and brushed out the knots in my light brown hair. I put on a pair of sandals, put a leach of Toby, and walked out the front door. This morning was boring, i was debating whether or not to go to school today. "Nah. I'll stay home with you, Toby." I patted his head, then continued to walk the same path I took each morning.

"Toby, I had the weirdest dream last night."

"And what dream did you have?" a familiar voice said, approaching me.

"Hey Noah!" I smiled, as my blond, shaggy headed, best friend approached me.

"Hey school skipper!" He playfully punched my shoulder. "It's lonely when you aren't at school." I noticed his dark blue backpack, hanging off his shoulder.

"Why don't you Skip with me?"

"In your dreams." He walked along with me. "Hey, can i come over later?"

"As if I'm going to say no." I joked.

"Well I'm going to be late for school, Which you should be going too." He hugged me, and then started to walk off. "Later we'll talk about that weird dream, maybe?"

I smiled back at him, and walked back home.

I walked through the front door, into my beloved home. I Feed Toby, and sat on the couch. I grabbed my iPod, and put my headphones on. I put the music on full blast, and closed my eyes.

~~~~

-Jeffs POV.-

I just watched her. I had decided to play with her, before she went to sleep.

I know so little about her.

After about an hour of listing to her music, she finally turned her god, damn iPod off. She set it on the small wooden coffee table, and she walked to the kitchen.

"Good morning." I startled her.

"Y-you're real."Her voice was shaky, but she didn't seem scared, just surprised. "What are you doing here?"

I smiled. "I said i wasn't going to kill you, i never said I was going to keep my distance."

She stood there, and just watched me. It was as if she couldn't comprehend what was going on. I walked closer to her. She seemed dazed, as if she was in her own little world.

After minutes of silence, I began to laugh. Irony backed away from me, but I pulled her close to me. I wanted her to fear me, just as the others did.

Why didn't she fear me?

She should.

"What happened to your face." she mumbled, breaking me out of my thoughts.

I just smiled at her.

~~~~~~~

-Irony's POV.-

Dear god, what did I just ask this man?

He's just staring at me. He creeps me out. What is he up too? "Umm.. Jeff?" I managed to get words out, breaking the silence, and his smile faded away.

He left.

~~~~~~~

Hours passed, and there was a knock on the door. It was Noah.

I opened the door and hugged my friend. "Hey Noah!"

"Aloha skipper." He smiled, and walked into the house. "How was scho-oh wait, forgot you never go." He joked.

I punched his side and sat on the couch in the living room. Noah sat beside me. Toby ran into the room, and jumped on Noah, covering his face with a coat of dog slobber. I laughted.

"Down, boy. Down." He said pushing Toby away. He looked at me. "I thought we could watch a movie tonight.

"Sure." I hugged my legs. "what are we gonna watch?"