Chapter 14

Chapter 14

*Christina's POV*

My eyes opened and I wrinkled my nose. Something was tickling it. I opened my eyes and saw little frays of brown curls surrounding my vision. What the...

I lifted my head up a bit to see Harry snuggled into me, and then I realized the weight on my waist, and the sense of protection I was feeling.

But the only thought that I could muster was filled with confusion. I could have sworn he hated me last night...and then that talk with Zayn.. why was he saying 'I' towards the end? Wait what did he say again?

I groaned and flopped my head back on top pillow. I had a huge headache from all the crying I did last night. At the sound of my loud groan, Harry started to stir a bit, and instead of waking up, just snuggled even closer to me... like that was even possible.

I needed air.

*Harry's POV*

My eyes opened and the first thing I noticed was the white sheets, empty. I sighed, Christina woke up before me. What if she's mad at me? She probably still thinks I hate her. I can't believe I let things get this far. I mean this was supposed to be the result, I just didn't think it'd hurt this bad.

I got out of bed and did my regular routine. I walked out of her bedroom to see her sitting on the couch, staring blankly at the flickering TV screen.

"Hey." I said softly, sitting next to her on the couch.

She just simply nodded her head in response, not even looking at me.

"Umm.. how are you?" I asked shyly while scratching my head.

She looked at me like I had three heads. "You've been treating me like crap lately and I have to see your face everywhere, not to mention you're confusing the heck out of me because I found you in my bed this morning like everything is fine. Oh yes, Harry I am doing wonderful." she said through gritted teeth.

I cringed.

"I'm sorry." I apologized.

"Whatever." she responded scoffing and turned back towards the T.V.

"I apologized Christina, what more do you want?!" I asked standing up, desperation dancing in my eyes.

She shook her head at me. "An actual explanation maybe?! 'Sorry' doesn't just automatically fix everything, Harry! You want to tell me what's going on?" She asked, now just looking at me without any emotion, even though she was just yelling.

"I.. I..." I sighed. "I can't." I concluded.

She scoffed and threw the pillow to the side as she stood up.

"Of course you can't, Harry, because there is no actual reason. You just like toying with people and their feelings because that's just what you do." she said poking me in the chest.

Her words hurt me deeply, but she was speaking from pain and anger, I just had to remember that.

"You know that's not true, Christina, I wouldn't do that to you!" I pleaded walking after her.

"Well you're too late, since that's what you're doing! You're doing it for no reason!" She said turning on me.

"There is a reason, Christina! You have to believe me." I said and I felt my eyes begin to prick. She wasn't going to budge, I can see it.

"Then tell me." She said standing with her hands on her hips.

"I can't." I said, deflated. "You're just going to have to trust me."

"How can I? What have you done to make me trust you?"

"But I've never done anything to make you not trust me!" I pleaded back.

She glared at me.

"Goodbye." She said simply and walked out the door. I slammed my back into the wall and slid down it. I tried, I tried, but I couldn't tell her... what would she think? What would she think of me? Would she call me selfish? Immature? I was lost in what to do. If I don't tell her, she'll be mad at me, she already was. But if I do tell her, she probably still will be mad at me. There was no winning. I stood up and walked over to the front door, picking up my keys from the bowl on the side and went to the only place I could think of to go right now.

**

Christina's POV

Earlier's events replayed in my mind and I sighed to myself. Maybe I was too harsh on him... he just made me so mad. All that he's done lately, and then he just decided to try and make everything normal again? He can't just do that.

I looked up at the clock. 10:00 PM.

I was beggining to worry. He wasn't here when I got back a few hours ago and hasn't been since.

All of a sudden a loud ruckus came from the front door and I sunk myself into my couch pillows fearing it was an intruder.

"Christina?" I heard a very slurred voice say, but I automatically knew who it was.

I got up from the couch and walked over to the door, just in time to catching a stumbling Harry who couldn't even hold himself upright.

"What happened to you?" I asked and sat with him on the floor knowing he was to heavy for me to take him anywhere else.

"I.. went down.. to the pub.." He said slowly.

I chuckled. "Yeah well that much I gathered, but why did you drink so much, Harry? You could seriously damage your health like that." I said brushing some curls off of his face. A slight smile formed on his face and he leaned into my touch.

"I was mad at myself.." He said.

"Why?"

"I hurt you..." He said softly. A tear fell down my cheek as I caressed his face slightly.

"Yes you did, but drinking isn't the way to solve your problems." I told him.

"It was the only one I could think of. I'm sorry." He said. "I want to tell you." He said grabbing my hand and holding it in his. I intertwined our fingers enjoying the warmth and the way they fit together.

"Tell me what?" I asked even though I already knew.

"Why I did what I did. I never wanted to hurt you." He said, his voice dropping.

"Then why did you?" I asked confused. He fell even more into me, making me hold him closer.

"I got a call.. from management... they... they wanted me to... break up with you." He said.

My eyes widened. "But our contract doesn't end till-- "

"Shhhh" he said putting his pointer finger on my lips, silencing me. "I didn't want it to end this soon. I wasn't ready. Rhey said my behavior was improving, but that they needed to talk to you.... so I figured that... If I was a total jerk to you... you'd tell them and... you won't leave me... but I was wrong." He said, slouching in my arms as if giving up.

"Why would you do all that Harry?" I asked. Why would he go through all that trouble to keep our relationship if it wasn't even real?

He looked up at me and began to sit up until he was face to face with me. He moved a strand of hair from my face and layed his hand gently on my cheek as he looked into my eyes with an emotion I couldn't exactly place.

"Because... I think... I think I may love you. And I don't want you to leave me." He said.

Then..

He kissed me.

(A/N)

I'll post the next chapter soon :) Comment and/or vote for the next chapter! Thank you, love you guys! x

WebRep

Overall rating