22; Resurface

Claire pulled the key out of the ignition and got out of the car, looking up at the hospital. She felt guilt seep into her, hating the fact that she was lying to Scott, but one thing was clear. Stiles needed her help, and she wasn't going to stay in bed like a victim.

She slid her ring daggers in each boot as a precaution before locking the car and jogging towards the hospital doors, the cold wind whipping her hair around. She walked past the front desk with her head down, not trying to gain any extra attention as she made her way to the elevator.

Claire suddenly let out a sharp gasp, clutching the wall as her head started to pound and memories flooded into her mind.

"I can't take your pain."

"That's because it doesn't hurt."

She fell to her knees, crying out in pain and she gripped her skull.

"No-"

"It's okay."

"Allison."

"It's okay, it's okay. It's perfect. I'm in the arms of my first love, the first person I'll ever love, the person I'll always love. I love you, Sc-Scott McCall."

"Allison, please don't-"

"Claire, sweetheart, are you okay?" She looked up slowly to see her mother looking down at her in worry, the girl's hands falling to her sides.

"Yeah. I'm fine." Claire got up slowly, moving past her and towards the elevator, pressing the button.

"Are you hurt?" There was pure concern in her mother's words, making her freeze and look down at her leg. Sure enough, there was a dark stain seeping through the material of her jeans.

"Of course not." She replied calmly as the doors opened, stepping inside.

"Honey-" Claire pushed the close door button, her face locked in a cold gaze as they cut her off. Once the doors shut she set into a panic, pressing her hand against her forehead as she let out a shaky breath.

The elevator seemed to take forever, the girl shoving past a nurse to get out and to the nearest bathroom.

Claire entered one of the stalls and locked it, quickly pulling down her jeans to inspect her bandages.

"No, this isn't happening." She hissed, peeling back the bandage and feeling a lump growing in her throat.

Her fingers ran across the stitches that were still sealed perfectly shut, pulling away to stare at the silvery liquid that had been oozing out of her puckered scar.

The brunette squeezed her eyes shut and shook her head, sucking in a deep breath before reaching for the toilet paper.

Claire wiped at the mercury, getting most of it off but still smearing it across her skin. She dropped the paper into the trash, grabbing another lengthy piece

This time she folded it up and put it directly on the wound, quickly fixing the bandage and hoping it would keep the soaking down until she got home.

After fixing herself up she rushed out of the bathroom, nearly colliding with Stiles in the process.

"Hey, I was just about to look for you." She stated, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "How is he?"

"He should be fine, it'll just take an hour or two for the anesthesia to wear off." Stiles's voice cracked slightly, Claire shaking her head and pulling him into a hug.

"If he's half as strong as you, he'll get through it Stiles."

● ● ●

[Earlier that night]

"Sc-Scott-"

"Scott's not here to save you." Theo growled, tightening his grip as she clawed at his hand, tears springing in her eyes. "I had planned for you to help me, to be a weapon at my disposal."

His lips brushed her earlobe, his breath hot on her neck and making her whimper.

"Too bad you got in the way." He slammed her head back into the wood, the girl crumpling to the ground without even a gasp. He looked at her with a satisfied smirk before bending down and hoisting her over his shoulder.

It was just the beginning.

He picked up one of her daggers and walked down the hall, humming to himself as he reached the janitors closet.

"You don't know how valuable you are to me, Claire." Theo chuckled, setting her on the tile floor. Making sure she was still unconscious he grabbed the dagger, plunging it into her thigh.

Claire whimpered in her empty state, the Chimera wasting no time pulling out the syringe in his pocket.

Twisting it in the light, he examined the deep red and black substance inside, tapping the side.

"Hold still." He whispered, laughing at himself once again as he opened up her eye. He carefully brought the needle to the very corner of her tearduct, slowly pushing it through. "I wanted to be a doctor once, you know. Too bad, huh Evans?"

Furrowing his eyebrows in concentration he pressed down on the plunger, only adding a fourth of the liquid before pulling it back out.

Theo stood back up, carefully capping the syringe and shoving it back in his pocket.

"See you later, Claire." He shut the door behind him and pulled out the keys he had stolen, swiftly locking it. "Now I just need Lydia."

___________________________________________

Not edited

Best I could do without the actual episode, my links haven't been working.

Who hates me? I hate me.

BUT I LOVE YOU GUYS OOPS

GOTTA ARGENT

Vote and Comment

Xx