03; Venomous

Claire finally gave up waiting and got out of the car, slinging her bag over her shoulder and making her way to the clinic door, opening it carefully as to not set off the bells too loudly. The front desk was unoccupied, the wooden gate wide open. She walked back into the operation area to see Scott, Stiles, Malia and some guy she didn't know crowded around on operating table-Tracy on top.

"What's going on? Tracy?" Claire asked, stepping obliviously over the line of mountain ash and gaining their attention.

"Claire, you can't be here." Scott warned, attempting to block her view. Tracy was on her stomach, shirt lifted up to reveal her back.

"Oh my god." She whispered, hand flying to her mouth in attempt to hold back vomit as the girl's spine shifted visibly under her skin, turning the attention back to Tracy. The four of them watched the vet prod at her back as her spine moved, all of them shifting closer. Claire let out a shriek as her back ripped open, spraying black liquid all over them, her spine looking more like a tail as it slithered around.

Before they could react, the tail whipped out, hitting Stiles across the chest and sending him to the floor, Deaton following thereafter.

"Claire!" Scott's arms wrapped around her thin frame to pull her away as the tail cut Malia, sending her into a table. She gasped as a sharp pain ran across her cheek when Tracy turned, slicing Scott and Claire across the face as well. They all watched in shock as she ran out of the room, cutting through the line of mountain ash with ease. Claire felt a numbness spreading through her as she and Scott fell to the ground, his arms still locked around her tightly.

"Wasn't a werewolf." Stiles gasped, breathing heavily.

"Kanima." Scott breathed, the brunette looking at him in confusion.

"What's a Kanima?" She gasped, her breathing shaky as she realized her limbs were frozen. "Scott, why can't I move?"

"Hey Deaton, how the hell did she get through the mountain ash?" Stiles asked, his cheek pressed to the floor.

"I don't know. It's a barrier no supernatural creature should be able to cross." Deaton said, confusion lacing his words.

"Scott did it."

"Once. But it almost killed me." Scott grunted, watching as the girl in his arms grew more paranoid.

"We should have killed her." Malia growled.

"Okay well, she's probably on her way to kill someone else." Stiles stated, Claire's eyes widening at his words.

"Listen. Everyone, we need to concentrate." Deaton ordered. "Scott and Malia, you two would probably be able to move long before Stiles, Claire, and I can but you need to focus."

"Focus on what?" The werecoyote asked.

"Healing." Scott answered, listening to Claire's heart pound against her chest.

"That's right." The vet grunted from across the room.

"I don't know how to tell my body to heal!" Malia hissed, growing more frantic.

"Malia calm down it's okay." Stiles tried to calm his girlfriend, not really getting anywhere.

"I can't calm down." She spat. "I can't move!"

"It won't last long. We'll be okay. Doc, how do we focus?" Scott asked, gasping slightly.

"Think of a body part. Your hands, your feet, even just the tips of your fingers. Imagine them moving. See it in your mind, and your body will follow."

"Can someone please tell me what's going on?" Claire pleaded, her stomach twisting in knots.

"Claire." Deaton began, a calm tone to his voice. "You have seen a lot of unexplainable stuff tonight, and will most likely see much worse. You must keep your mind open, because whether you like it or not, you are now part of this world."