15; Bruised Hearts

Scott opened the front door slowly, Lydia giving him a warm smile as she sat next to a sleeping Liam and Hayden on the couch, Hayden's head on his shoulder as she curled against him. Scott looked up at Theo and opened his mouth to ask, but the omega answered, already knowing.

"I got her to eat something, but she wouldn't go to sleep until you-"

"Scott?" Everyone's attention turned to the doorway to the kitchen, Scott instantly relaxing as he looked at Claire standing there. Her jaw trembled a bit as her eyes shone with tears, the brunette girl making it across the room in three long strides before she flung her arms around his neck, burying her head in his shoulder. He stumbled a bit from the impact, but wrapped his arms around her waist, eyes falling shut as he held her against him.

"I thought I lost you." He choked a whisper, feeling her hot tears against his neck. She sniffed and pulled her head back to look up at him, a small smile on her face as wiped away a tear he hadn't even realized had fallen.

"You'll never lose me Scott."

● ● ●

"It was the night of the traffic jam." Kira placed another shirt in her suitcase, not daring to look at the boy in her door. "I don't know what, but they did something."

"It's not your fault." Scott sighed, watching her carefully.

"We still need to fix it." She shrugged, shaking her head. "And I don't think the solution is here."

"What about your dad?" He asked, Kira finally turning to him.

"There's no body." She said simply, pursing her lips. "They had to let him go."

"Kira, I don't want you to leave."

"And I don't want to hurt anyone." She shook her head, her tone soft. "Especially you."

"You're not going to hurt anyone." He took a step forward, Kira taking a step back in return.

"I don't want to be in the way of your happiness." She cleared her throat, biting down on the inside of her cheek, her next words breaking her heart a little. "I don't want to get in the way of you and Claire."

"What are you talking about?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I see the way you look at her. The way you touch her comfortingly without even noticing." She gave him a small smile. "It's different from the way you used to look at me, it's more. It's the way you looked at Allison."

"Kira-"

"It's for the best, Scott." Her voice cracked when she said his name, digging her nails into her palms to keep from crying. "Besides, I can't sit here and watch you fall in love with her."

"That's not what's happening." The words didn't feel right, they were a lie the moment they slipped from his mouth.

"You're right." She swallowed, hard. "Because you already have."

● ● ●

"Sweetheart everything okay?" Scott looked up to his mother standing in the doorway, a worried look on her face.

"Something's changed." He said, holding the leash in his hand loosely.

"What do you mean?" She asked, crossing her arms.

"I'm not sure. Something's different." He swallowed, looking back up at her. "With me and my friends. Something's changed." He paused, taking a deep breath. "I think it's because of me, and I don't know how to fix it."

"Hey," Melissa knelt down on the floor next to him, putting a hand on his knee. "You'll figure it out. You always do. But right now, you need to get some sleep. Claire's already passed out, I checked her vitals, she'll be okay."

"Thanks." He whispered, his mother giving him a warm smile and pressing a kiss to his forehead, "Goodnight."

After his mom left, Scott got up and poked his head into his room, watching as Claire rolled over, curling tighter into herself. He carefully made his way to the bed as not to wake her, grabbing a stray blanket for the couch.

He had almost gotten to the door when she spoke.

"Stay." Claire mumbled, eyes drooping slightly. "Please."

He just nodded and dropped the blanket on the floor, getting into the bed as she shifted over. "Hey."

"Hi." She sighed, eyes drifting shut for a moment before she opened them. "You're upset."

Scott cleared his throat but nodded, feeling her knee brush him as she curled up tighter. "Kira left."

"Do you love her?" She asked quietly, playing with her fingers. He paused, thinking for a few minutes before he answered,the girl in question's words ringing in his ears.

"I thought I did." She looked up at him with a confused look on her face. "Now I'm not so sure."

"Why not?" Her voice was small, her eyes searching his face, eyebrows furrowed.

"Things are different." He replied. She pursed her lips and opened her mouth to say something, but imeadietly shut it. "What?"

"Can I try something?" Claire whispered, swallowing hard. He could hear her heart beating wildly in her chest, the girl wide awake now, her eyes wide as she looked at him.

"Yeah." He nodded as she bit down on her lip. Claire shifted forward so they were barely touching, fear radiating off of her as she leaned her head forward, Scott being the just as nervous. Her lips were right there, in front of his and his nerves seemed to burn with anticipation. She locked eyes with him, lifting her fingers to touch his cheek softly.

It was Scott who kissed her, warmth spreading through her as his lips moved gently against hers, his hand moving to her hair. It was still damp from her shower, and she smelled like Shea butter, much different from her usual sweet pea, but he didn't really care. All he cared about was that she was there, safe in his arms. She was practically trembling as her hand rested on his chest, enjoying the way he relaxed under her touch. And in those moments she realized something.

She had totally fallen for Scott McCall.

________________________

Not edited.

ASDFGJLLHSBONDYSBK

PEACE OUT

VOTE AND COMMENT

XX