06; Bruised And Confused

Claire rubbed her eyes, finally putting down one of them many papers Stiles had given her. She had been trying to read the pile for a few hours, but the words just couldn't stick in her head. Pushing herself off the bed, she walked over to the door and opened it, walking downstairs to look for anything to help the intense migraine she had.

After about five minutes of rummaging through cupboards and drawers she found some Advil, pulling a cup out of the dishwasher. She nearly dropped it when a knock sounded on her door, the brunette muttering curses on her way over.

"It's two in the morning." She groaned, pulling open the door. "What could you possibly-Scott?"

"Hey." He greeted, hands in his pockets. "Can I come in?"

"Uh, yeah I guess." She sighed, rubbing her face. "But be quiet, my dad-"

Her words were cut short by Scott's lips being pressed against hers, his hands gripping her waist tightly. She found herself kissing him back as he backed her up against the wall, her fingers tangling themselves in his hair. He pulled away to trail kisses along her jawline, continuing down her throat.

"Scott, what-what are you doing?" She asked, her voice a slightly higher octave. "Kira-"

"It's okay." He mumbled into her collarbone, his teeth grazing her skin. "It's okay because you're dreaming."

Claire sat up in her bed quickly, her hand on her throat as she looked at the clock, the bright numbers reading 5:41. She yelped when her phone started buzzing on her nightstand, the screen flashing brightly.

"Hello?" She sighed, pushing aside papers that had been in her lap.

"Claire." Kira said, her voice frantic. "Someone's taking the bodies."

"What?" She asked, eyebrows furrowing. "What do you mean someone's taking the bodies?"

"Scott's phone started going off because  someone broke into the animal clinic." She explained. "Tracy's body is gone. And Melissa said that Lucas is missing from the morgue."

"That's insane. Who would steal the bodies?" She asked. "The guys in the masks?"

"I wish I knew."

● ● ●

"Done?" Scott asked as Claire put a binder clip on the final pile, still warm from the printer.

"Yeah." She sighed, handing it over. "Done."

Claire gave the librarian a sheepish smile as she taped a piece of paper on the printer, reading 'out of ink'. "Sorry!"

"I don't think the dread doctors are the ones that are stealing the bodies." Scott said as the two walked down the stairs.

"Are we really calling them that?" She asked, adjusting the strap of her bag on her left shoulder. She wasn't used to holding it on that side, but when it was on the right her bag bounced against her hip, which hurt like a bitch.

"Think about it." He shrugged. "They killed Tracy and walked away, they killed Lucas and walked away. Why would they leave and come back to take the bodies?"

"Someone else has to be taking them." Claire realized, looking over at him.

"The bodies aren't just bodies," Scott pointed out. "They're failures."

"So if the chimeras are all failures, what's the success going to be?"

"Bad. Probably really bad." He went to open the door but stopped, turning his head back towards the library curiously.

"What's wrong?" She asked, eyebrows furrowing slightly.

"I thought I smelled blood." The girl looked back, confused before looking at him again. "I don't know. Maybe not."

"So, we find out who's taking the bodies." Claire said walking through the doors as she looked at Scott. "Then what?"

"I don't know." He sighed. Claire walked right into someone, almost falling on her butt until Scott's hand grabbed her waist, steadying her. She winced and let out a hiss of pain, the boy pulling his hands away automatically. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." She cleared her throat, her heart skipping as she lied.

"What aren't you telling me?" He watched her fidget as he stared at her.

"I'm fine." She shook her head, giving him a forced smile. "Let's go."

Scott narrowed his eyes and grabbed her arm, pulling her into an empty classroom. His pulled at her shirt, the girl flinching and pushing his hands away.

"Scott, leave it alone. I'm fine, I-" Her words caught in her throat when he lifted her top, his eyes wide with concern as it revealed the dark bruising on her side, larger than his fist.

"You didn't say anything." He muttered, looking up at her.

"I'm fine. It's just from when Lucas pushed me." She pulled her shirt down, shaking her head. "Nothing a little ibuprofen can't handle."

"Let me see it." He whispered, his eyes not leaving hers. He put his hand carefully over the bruise, closing his eyes as black veins spread through his hands, her own falling shut as the pain was lifted. A quiet sigh escaped her lips as he pulled away, her eyes opening to see him looking down at her. She was suddenly extremely aware of close they were, her mind flashing back to her dream. She took a step back and cleared her throat, pushing her hair back.

"Did you figure anything out about that dagger?" She asked, crossing her arms.

"Uh, yeah." He nodded, unzipping his backpack and pulling out the dagger, free of Lucas's blood. "It's a Chinese ring dagger. And it uh, it belonged to Allison."

"How did it end up in my locker?" She asked, taking it carefully and twisting it between her fingers.

"I don't know." He shook his head when she tried to give it back. "I think you should keep it. For protection, I mean. I'll try to talk to Argent and get the other one."

"The other one?"

"They come in a set." Claire nodded, running her thumb over the inside of the ring, feeling the engraved initials under her skin.

A.A.

● ● ●

"The book worked." Theo crossed his arms as he faced the dread doctors. "Now they're going to visit Vallack. They're going tonight."

"Eichen." They turned away, Theo taking a step forward.

"Wait." They paused, looking at him as he spoke angrily. "I found the girl, got her family to relocate. I broke into her locker and put Allison's dagger in there. They're still starting to trust her, she's starting to help them. Dopplegängers are supposed to be evil, but she has the same stupid hero complex as Scott, and the only useful thing she's done is help make Scott and Kira drift apart. I want answers."

"Not all cases are similar."

___________________________

Not edited.

How many of you though that first scene was going in a different direction? Yeah, that won't happen for a little while.

Some of you were wondering where the dagger came from, and now you know.

Last nights episode killed me you guys, oh my lord. Half the time I was freaking out, the other half I was think, oh Claire would fit perfectly here.

Anyways, this is a filler, I'll try to get the next one up soon I still have twenty minutes left of this episode so bare with me.

Vote and comment!

Xx