17; Truth Be Told

"Hey," Claire spoke softly, putting her hand on Scott's back as he clutched the gating on the side of the lockers, struggling to breath. "Scott, use it."

He nodded and pulled out his inhaler, shaking it wildly before bringing it to his lips and inhaling.

"Thanks." He breathed, the girl rubbing his shoulder. His eyebrows furrowed and he turned, walking around the corner where Liam was packing things into a duffel bag. "Hey, what're you going?"

"Nothing." Liam stood there stiffly, hands hanging limply.

"Just remember it's a full moon tomorrow." He warned. "You're probably already starting to feel it."

"I know."

"It's a uh, super moon." Claire spoke up, attempting to break the heavy tension. "It's gonna be closer to the earth."

"Yeah, I know." He snapped, his face softening when he saw her flinch. "I know what it means."

"Okay." Scott nodded, clearing his throat. "Just remember, I'm here for you."

Liam shut his locker, hard, before turning to Scott, jaw clenched. "You gonna chain me to a tree again?"

"All I meant was it might be better for us to stick together." He shook his head. "So we can protect each other."

"You can't protect anyone." He scoffed, slinging the bag over his shoulder and walking away.

"Hey," Claire soothed, touching Scott's cheek gently when she saw the defeated look on his face. "He's just worried about Hayden, he didn't mean it. Okay?"

"Okay." He sighed, nodding as she gave him a tiny smile before pressing her lips to his. He pulled away after a moment, looking at her with a confused expression. "Hey, what did you want to talk about?"

She swallowed, remembering the real reason she had come into the lockerroom. With everything happening with Liam and Hayden, Scott really didn't need anything else on his plate. She cleared her throat and smiled, shaking her head.

"It's not that important."

● ● ●

Claire looked over at Scott anxiously as he twisted his pen between his fingers, a hopeless look on his face.

"Hey." Theo turned around, gaining their attention before she could comfort Scott.. "I need to talk to you about something."

"You okay?" Scott asked, worry crossing over his face while Claire just pursed her lips.

"It's not really about me." He sighed, looking around. "But it's something I should have told you a long time ago."

"What is it?" Claire spoke up, watching him carefully.

"It's about Stiles." The alpha looked at him in surprise, before turning his head slightly.

"Wait." He whispered. "Do you hear that?"

"What?" She asked, sitting up straighter as Theo seemed to hear it too. "Hello, guys? Human hearing over here."

"Is that the police?" He asked, watching Scott's eyebrows furrow.

"It's an ambulance."

They made it outside in time to see Corey being led into the ambulance on a stretcher, black blood and mercury coating his chin and shirt. Claire's hand flew to her mouth to muffle her gasp, Theo putting his hand on her shoulder.
She tore it away as they neared Mason, silver splattered across him.

"He just started bleeding everywhere." Mason stammered, eyes wide.

"Don't let them-" Corey pleaded, choking loudly. "Don't let them kill me!"

"We have to follow them." Claire said, looking over at Scott with wide eyes. "Scott, we have to protect him."

"Scott, c'mon." Theo held his hand out towards the leaving ambulance. "Scott. This is what you do."

Scott grabbed her hand as they ran towards the exit, Theo close behind.

● ● ●

"Hey, what'd you want to talk to me about?" Scott asked, looking towards Theo.

"It can wait."

"If something's wrong," He started, shaking his head. "You should tell me. We've all gotta start talking to each other again."

"Speaking of talking," Theo cleared his throat as he glanced back at Claire's car following behind. "Has she told you anything else about what happened? With the doctors?"

"She told me everything." He answered, rubbing his hands together. "Why?"

"I don't know." He sighed, shaking his head. "You don't find it at all suspicious that when someone who looks exactly like Allison shows up, and all this starts happening?"

"What are you saying?" Scott asked, eyebrows furrowing.

"You don't think it's a coincidence?" Theo started, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel. "That she just so happens to be the key to their success? How do we know she isn't helping them?"

"I know she isn't." He said slowly, eyes narrowing.

"You're right." He shook his head, clearing his throat in annoyance. "I'm just, being wary. Not everyone is as they seem lately."

"What do you mean?"

He seemed to hesitated, nodding towards the passenger side where he sat.

"Check the glovebox."

● ● ●

"They're already here." Claire breathed as they ran through the doors, the hospital practically a war zone.

"This wasn't them." Theo said slowly, shock striking the other two.

"It was Corey." Scott realized, grabbing Claire's hand again and jogging down the hall, Theo's teeth grinding together before following. Scott's trust in Claire didn't seem to falter at all, while the girl didn't seem to even want Theo around her.

Or Scott, for that matter.

After splitting apart and searching the halls they met up again, breathing heavily.

"Nothing." She gasped, shaking her head.

"Me neither." Their attention turned to the elevator doors as they crackled with electricity, opening and shutting repeatedly.

"Now they're here." Scott looked over at Claire as she pulled out a crossbow, holding it up with a look of pure determination.

"Then it's a good thing we are too."

________________________

Not edited. At all.

Very aware of how fetus!Scott that gif is, but it's adorable, so there.

I don't like this chapter.

Then again, I don't like this episode very much.

So, Claire has yet to tell Scott what she's seeing clearly. She believes that she can figure it out on her own, that she doesn't need to trouble Scott.

She just wants to help, especially after what happened with Liam/Hayden/Zach.

Meanwhile, Theo is trying to divide Sclaire, and is failing rather miserably.

I want to get this episode over with but I have to get up at like 1:30 to wake up my mom.

Thankfully I have a half day tomorrow and can finish my homework, thus giving me more time to write.

Sorry it's so short and filly and crappy, the next few will be much better.

Vote and comment ❤️

Xx