07; A Shocking Development

"Are you gonna be okay in there?" Scott asked, watching his best friend carefully.

"Yeah." Stiles replied. "Why?"

"You just seem a little off." He shrugged.

"I think we're all a little off." He sighed.

"Some of us more than others." Scott looked behind him at Lydia and Kira, who were trying to get through the gates.

"What happened?" Stiles asked, furrowing his eyebrows slightly.

"When the other chimera-Lucas. When he came after us," He paused, finding his next words. "I heard Kira say something in Japanese."

"Doesn't sound too bad."

"She doesn't know any Japanese." Scott explained, shaking his head.

"Still not terrible." Stiles concluded, not sure where he was going with this.

"I also think I might have stopped her from killing Lucas."

"Okay." He sighed, glancing over the alpha's shoulder. "Wasn't he trying to kill you though? And Claire? I mean, it sounds like self defense."

"It was more than that." He frowned, shaking his head. "She nearly took off his head."

"Maybe she had no choice." Stiles took on a defensive tone. "There's got to be a point where self defense is justified. Tracy killed her own father, and Lucas would have killed you."

"They're not the bad guys." Scott said, hearing a car door behind him. "They're the victims. We shouldn't be killing the people we're trying to save."

"Scott's right." Claire spoke up, walking into the conversation. "We should be helping them. Sorry I'm late, my dad was practically guarding the door. Thankfully he got called in." They all turned when the gate sounded, finally opening. She gave them a small smile before heading towards it. They all turned when it shut behind them, like it was locking them inside.

The inside of Eichen House was just as creepy as the outside, Claire decided. Cold tile flooring and dull walls covered every surface, making it seem dead inside. When they got to the counter, the orderly slammed down a plastic bin, looking at then expectantly.

"Please empty your pockets into the container."

"We're here to see-"

"Please empty your pockets into the container." They all obliged, Claire being reluctant to put her purse in, seeing as it contained the dagger. "Please remove your belt, and place it into the container."

"I kinda need the belt." Kira argued awkwardly, her body stiff. "I mean, it's crucial to the outfit."

"Please remove your belt, which patients will attempt to use to strangle either themselves, or others."

"Right. Got it." She muttered, taking off the belt and dropping it into the bin. Claire shifted uncomfortably as he stared at her and Lydia, his eyes raking their bodies slowly, sending a shiver up their spine. They all turned as an officer shut the gate behind him, facing the group.

"I'll remind you, I'm only doing this as a favor to Deaton." The guard warned, leading them downstairs. "I'm doing this against my better judgement."

"What's the etiquette for talking to this guy?" Stiles asked, scratching his forehead. "Do you ever look at the other eye?"

"I wouldn't." He said, not even looking back. "In fact, while you're down there, try not to make eye contact with anyone, or anything."

"Delightful." Claire muttered, Scott placing his hand on the small of her back, Kira watching as tiny black veins pulsated under his skin, taking some of the pain from her hip. "Stop doing that."