11; Current Events

"You know him?" Theo asked, looking between the two. Claire hadn't really had time to mourn over the fact her father tried to kill her, due to Stiles and Theo calling Scott. Now she stood silently in the animal clinic, arms wrapped around herself as she looked at the body with a blank expression.

"His names Josh." Scott realized, recognizing him. "He's a junior." Stiles and Theo shared a look before moving forward and covering his face. "Which one did it? The one with the cane?"

"Yeah." Theo's unsure tone made her look up, staring at him curiously.

"What are you gonna do with him?" Stiles asked, his voice nervous. "Can't just set the alarm and leave, that's how Tracy disappeared. Someone's gotta stay here with him."

"I'll do it." Theo offered, earning an unsure look from Scott. "It's not like I had a big Saturday night planned."

Scott pulled his phone out of his pocket as it buzzed, his expression growing worried, scared almost.

"What is it?"

"Another one." He answered, looking up. "Another chimera."

● ● ●

Scott knocked on the bathroom door lightly, putting his ear against the wood. "Hayden? It's Scott. I know that you're scared, but we just wanna help."
He looked back at Liam and Claire, his voice now a whisper. "I can hear her heart beating, she's really freaked out. What happened?"

"She was okay when we got here." Liam stated, shaking his head. "I went to text you for two seconds and she locked herself in."

"Why?" Stiles asked, narrowing his eyes slightly.

"I don't know."

"She's definitely a Chimera?" Scott asked, looking to Liam.

"She said she heard a voice saying 'your condition improves'." He sighed.

"Okay that's unsettling." Stiles muttered, stepping forward to most likely bang on the door. Claire stepped in front of him and shook her head, turning towards the door.

"Hayden?" Speaking made her throat feel raw as she leaned her forehead against the wood, knocking lightly. "This is Claire. I live down the street from you? Look, I know you're scared right now, but you can trust them. You can trust me. Just open the door." She sighed and stepped back, Scott taking her place.

"Hayden, we need to tell you the truth." He said, listening carefully. "And that's usually easier to do face to face. Listen, either you open the door or I'm gonna break it open."

"It's okay if you don't talk." Claire spoke softly, chewing on her lip. "Or if you don't believe us, but I just, I gotta know that you're okay in there."

When they got no reply, Scott reached forward and turned the knob, the door opening slowly to reveal Hayden who looked up from her clawed hands, eyes glowing and canines sharp.

"I believe you."

● ● ●

"We're back to telluric currents." Stiles stated as Claire unfolded the map.

"The doctors isn't like coming into Eichen House because of them, then maybe we can use them to protect Hayden." Scott suggested, looking over at him.

"Okay, so besides Eichen, where's the strongest current?" He asked, eyes racing the map.

"You're standing on it." Claire pointed, at Beacon Hills on the map, Scott watching at her proudly.

"You wanna hide her in the high school?" Stiles asked, squinting at them. "For how long?"

"If we have to, lScott said, leaning forward. "All night."

"And we aren't just hiding her. We're protecting her." Claire crossed her arms firmly, wetting her lips. "She can't protect herself, so we need to."

"We protect those who can't protect themselves." The words slipped out of the alpha's mouth unexpectedly, the girl looking over at him.

"I like that." She grinned. "A lot, actually."

"We convinced Hayden not to say anything to her sister yet." Scott moved on, turning towards his bestfriend. "She's working a double tonight, she thinks Hayden's staying at a friend's."

"It's just a school though." Stiles' eyebrows furrowed as he stood up straighter. "I mean it's not exactly a fortress."

"Lydia has an idea for that." Claire bounced on her toes, feeling a weird excitement flowing through her.

"Remember how Vallack quoted Tesla?" Scott asked.

"Frequency and vibration."

"She thinks that he wasn't saying that just to sound smart." Claire explained, tapping her fingers on the table. "She thinks maybe it was a clue."

"To do what?" He asked. Scott and Claire looked at each other smugly before looking back at him.

"Disrupt their frequency." Scott answered. "Parrish took three cellphone jammers from the station. Thinks he can broaden their range of frequency."

"It's a long shot." Claire chewed on her lip with a shrug. "But it's the best we got right now."

"What about Kira?" Stiles asked, glancing between the two.

"Well, she'll come to the school with us." He replied. "We'll need all the help we can get."

"Yeah, but last time she messed up the currents." Stiles pointed out.

"We'll figure it out." Claire shook her head. "So, if it this works tonight, where else are we gonna hide her?"

"If this works tonight, we're gonna catch one of them."

________________________

Not edited.

Mainly a short filler, but the next chapter will be filled with pain and sadness! *cue evil laughter*

I am having serious problems with putlocker at the moment but I will try to have the next chapter up tonight so stay tuned!

Comment, vote, and check out the prologue for Heartless!

It's a remake of When Destiny Strikes but set in Season Two, so if you love Harley and Isaac, go read it.

Much love

Xx