04; Crimson Hands

The four of them ran through the sheriff's department, pausing momentarily at the sight of a pool of blood through one of the doors. They slowly opened the door, their eyes following the trail of crimson as one of the deputies helped the sheriff off of the ground, Scott imeadietly assisting them.

Stiles and Claire's attention were elsewhere, darting to another room. Stiles froze, feeling like someone just punched him in the stomach as he witnessed Kira putting pressure on Lydia's wound, blood pouring rapidly. Claire acted right away and shoved past him, kneeling down next to the girl and replacing Kira's hands with her own.

"Theo, give me your belt." She ordered, pushing down on her side. He seemed to hesitate for a moment, causing her to grow more irritable. "Now!" He scrambled to remove his belt and hand it to Claire, who proceeded to wrap it around her abdomen, tightening it as much as she could over the wound to slow the bleeding.

For Stiles it seemed as if the world was in slow motion, panic filling him as he realized he couldn't help the girl he'd been in love with since the third grade. Natalie Martin appeared in the doorway, eyes wide with worry and fear.

"Oh god." She gasped, rushing to her daughter's side as she let out short gasps of pain.

"Stiles." Scott said from the other room, unable to grab his best friend's attention. "Stiles come on." Stiles looked back and forth between him and Lydia, not sure what to do.

"It's okay." Claire assured, her hands over the belt tightly. "She's alright."

"Tracy." Lydia smiled, her voice hoarse as she nodded at him. "Stiles I'm fine. Help Tracy."

"Stiles." Scott's voice broke through again, filling his ears. "Come on." They finally left, leaving Claire with Kira, Theo, Lydia and Natalie.

"Oh my god, Lydia." Natalie cried, pushing her hair out of her face.

"She's gonna be okay." Claire gave her a small smile, trying to focus on keeping pressure on the banshees side.

"Allison?" The older woman asked, confusion and fear laced in her voice.

She shook her head, biting down on her cheek. "No. I'm not."

"Are you sure she'll be okay?" She asked frantically, pushing aside the uncanny resemblance to her daughter's deceased friend.

"I promise."

● ● ●

"Stiles." Melissa walked towards the group, all of them turning to her anxiously.

"How bad is it?" Stiles asked, the most worried out if all of them.

"It could have been worse." She answered, turning to the girl next him. "Claire, nice going on that tourniquet, you probably saved her life. Alright, she's about to go into surgery so it's going to be a while. Any other supernatural details that I need to know about, or do we just stitch her up and hope for the best?"

"It was the tail." Kira spoke up.

"Tracy cut her with the tail if that makes a difference." Scott said, his mother nodding in return.

"Okay." She walked away, Malia speaking up right after.

"It wasn't just Tracy. Th-there were the others?" She stuttered, her boyfriend looking at her skeptically. "The guys in the masks." Scott and Stiles shared a look, neither quite believing the poor girl.

"Is there a uh, a bathroom I can clean up at?" Claire spoke for the first time since arriving at the hospital, glancing down at her blood covered hands.

"I'll show you." Scott nodded, walking down the hall, the girl matching his pace until they reached one of the bathrooms. He leaned against the wall as she scrubbed at her hands, neither of them speaking for a few minutes.

Finally, she put her hands on the sides of the sink, looking at him in the mirror. "Is it always like this?"

"Sometimes." He sighed, walking to stand next to her. The brunette pumped more soap onto her hands, her scrubbing more frantic as she tried to get rid of the crimson stains, her bottom lip trembling slightly as she got nowhere. "Hey." He shut off the water, his hands covering her shaking ones.

"How do you do it?" She asked quietly, her strong facade she had put of earlier cracking as she looked up at him. "One of you guys could die, at any time."

"Some of us have." He whispered, frowning slightly.

"My mom constantly talks about what she experiences after completing a surgery." She started, her gaze turning to his large hands around her small ones. "How amazing it feels to have saved a life. I got to feel that tonight."

She looked up at him, her eyes shining with tears. "If this is what you guys do, save lives-" She swallowed hard before letting out a shaky breath. "I want to be apart of it. I want to help."

Scott gave her a small smile and ignored the tiny voice in the back of his head, the one that reminded him that his girlfriend was right down the hall as he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into his chest. She stiffened for a moment before relaxing against him and hugging him in return, eyes falling shut as they stood there silently.

And for the first time that night, she felt safe.

________________________

Not edited.

This chapter is pretty short, but don't worry the next one is longer.

Claire saving Lydia opened her up more to the pack as they start to trust her, including her in things.

How'd you guys feel about that Sclaire hug? Hmm? Oh and by the way, shout out to @-Sampson for commenting the ship name because it totally slipped my mind lol.

Vote and comment!

Xx