Chapter XII- Marked.

Start from the beginning

"It's beautiful

"It's beautiful." The woman says grinning at me. I look at her puzzled. What can be nice about not knowing how did I get a tattoo from night to day. Was it the bite?
The roar of a motor is heard from outside and I peek to see a a black jeep parking outside. The woman runs curious to peek out and see who it is through the opened window of the cottage.
A wheel chair is set outside one of the opened doors and my heart skips a bit as soon as Derek makes himself on the chair. The man helps him sit properly and he slides rolling on his wheels until he reaches to the balcony and stops looking puzzled around before looking inside. Quickly I go down hiding myself.
Agnes looks at me and sighs. "You called him." I accuse looking straight in her eyes.

"Why would I summon the devil himself  right on my doorstep!" she retorts.

"How did he find me here, then?" I ask.

"Maybe he just snooped his way here,  driven by your scent." she replies before making herself to the door. "They can't come in, I protected the house." She says before opening the door.

"Good morning. How can I help you, gentleman?" I hear she say.

"Witch!" I hear Derek exclaim. She said she protected the house.
Wait...
Witch!

She is a witch. She's too pretty to be one or is wearing some kind of facade to look good in the eyes of mare humans.

As bizarre as this gets.

"I believe something that belongs to me is here." Stop there,  if he's referring to me,  I'm neither his nor a thing; I'm a human being, asshole.

"I didn't see anything." Agnes says washed face.

"Don't try to play me,  witch. You give me what's mine and I will leave you alone. I will even forget the the aversion I feel for your kind."

"We have mutual feelings towards each other's kind. The way out is there." Agnes says.

"Lydia, come out before it gets worse for you." I hear him saying.
I stand still holding my breath. "Burn the house down." He says and on hearing that I instinctively stand up and jog outside. He could be bluffing but my mind took a while to process the information that way; I was already out there staring at him.

"Oh,  you are here after all !" he says smirking. "let's go."

Jerk.

"Leave. I won't go anywhere with you." I blurt which makes his expression darken.

"This witch can't protect you forever,  one day I will put my hands on you and it won't be good." he threatens. "Let's go. Now."

"No." I say firmly. He gestures to the man that holds a bottle with a tissue hanging out of it and a lighter in the other hand.
He lights it up and throws in the cottage. The inside starts burning and it won't be long until the flames consume all the wood. We both run inside,  I try to grab some cloths and try to put the fire out, while the woman stands there with her hands extended whispering some words.
She's doing which craft,  right on my face. But it doesn't seem to be working.

"Agnes, help me here! What are you doing?" I yell as the fire takes over bigger proportions quickly.
Suddenly another woman makes herself in the house.

"Agnes

"Agnes." she says looking horrified before joining Agnes. And they both say loud in a language that I don't know, apparently repeating the same phrase.
Suddenly the fire ceases by itself. I look at the women now relaxed and looking relieved. I couldn't bring myself to believe. I'm watching witches live and in colors.

"I'm sorry." That's all I could utter.

"Yes,  but that sorry would be more valuable if you went with him." The woman says and she was totally right.

"Daria!" Agnes tries to warn,  but the woman turns to her mad.

"She's marked by him. She doesn't belong here. We don't take in strangers." the woman named Daria scolds.

"She's right!" I say. I can't put them at risk. They hardly know me,  helped me and this is my retribution?

"That's the least you can do." she says harshly. "What mania,  this of your, helping people is not profitable. Stop thinking that you are some kind of saint."

"Thank you,  Agnes.  It's better that I go." I say with my head down,  unable to look straight at them. Chloe was right when she said I'm cursed and bring bad luck.

I walk out side to see that stupid smirk of Derek. He looked at me waiting for me to move. "Get in the car." he says coldly.
A girl in her twenties or even younger jogs and hugs Agnes. I was way too scared to pay attention to her features,  but she's quiet beautiful with brown lengthy hair coming down her shoulders.

"You are letting the gloom that took your heart, cloud your feelings. Pray that when you wake up,  it's not too late to fix things." Agnes says, Derek on shoots a gaze to kill at her before turning on his wheels and shoving me to walk.
Straight back to hell pit,  with the vicious, ruthless one himself.

*****

Yooopie,  one more chapter.

HOW DID YOU GUYS LIKE IT? And the new characters!

I Haven't forgotten Derek's PoV. Next chapter shall be solely his. Ready to find the secrets... ;)