34- Family reunion

Start from the beginning

Thankfully, the helicopter ride only went for and hour after that, an hour I spent trying to undo the lock like I have back in Unova out of boredom. I wasn't planning on going anywhere, but annoying the hell out of Lopez seemed like a good idea to pass time. Night had gone quiet, probably trying to escape her Pokéball. Despite all the extra abilities Night was given as my Guardian Angel, breaking out of her Pokéball with ease didn't seem to be one of them.

As soon as the helicopter hit the ground however, I was on my feet, ready to defend myself if I needed to. Nothing happened for a while as I waited for minutes to tick by to the point I thought I'd been forgotten about. But the idea was soon put to rest when the lock clicked, echoing slightly among the silence in the room before the door slide open. A grunt stood there, a Corrupt Scizzor by his side, neither looked in the mood for games.

Taking a deep breath in, i glared at the grunt, he was like all the others but his hair seemed naturally black compared to the others which seemed to be wearing either a wig or had their hair died to look the same shade of black. The grunt took hold of my upper arm, holding it tightly. I jerked back on instinct but the grip did not loosen as he dragged me from the metal flying contraption while I stumbled to keep up. What surprised me was instead of the symbol that was signature to Team Prosperity, the blackened symbol of mega evolution, the iconic yellow G of Team Galactic was printed on the side. I didn't know how I missed it when boarding but I certainly noticed it now.

Before I could ponder on the thought any longer, I was dragged away and into a somewhat familiar complex building. It didn't take long to loose track of where I was and where I'd come from, it was beyond me how the grunt even knew where to go, but eventually I was pushed into a room containing five people I instantly felt disdained.

The first was Cyrus, leaving me to believe I was going to get an explanation and a possible monologue on why Team Rift was using a Galactic helicopter. The second was Lopez, the first admin of Team Rift and currently number 2 on the list of people I wanted to beat up. The third, was Shadow, hiding towards the back of the room looking like he didn't even know I was here. I still wasn't completely sure how to feel about him but judging the fact he's still here I'm going to take it he's still the bad guy and I will treat him as such. The fourth was the second admin to Team Rift, Maxine who I'd briefly met during my first visit to this accursed base and I hated her instantly. The fifth I didn't know, her light brown hair was pulled up into a high bun and was remarkably similar to my own. Her eyes were a grey, silver sort of colour and held a look of indulging amusement. A smirk was printed onto her painted back lips as she gazed at my though her spectacles. Her uniform seemed to be a little more casual then what I've seen with the Team Rift grunts thus far. A black, collared jacket a over a button up white blouse but the unmistakable symbol of Team Rift had been embroidered on the shirts pocket. I couldn't see her lower half since she was sitting behind a desk as I'd been unwillingly forced to my knees. I glared at all five struggling against the grunts holding me down but he had to be three times my size and a whole lot stronger.

"Why how nice of you to join us, Emma." Cyrus smirked, saying my name with a cringe worthy amount of slyness.

"Cyrus." I spat, practically growling at him though my visually calm demeanour.

The two of us had a glaring competition for the next few moments until the new member of Team Prosperity cleared her throat. "Quiet no, the both of you." Her voice even and quite formal with the regular Kalos region accent. "I do believe introductions are in order. I am Kathrine, the leader of Team Rift."

"I'm honoured." I glared. "Get this grunt off me and I'll give you a curtsy." My voice coated each word in venomous amounts of sarcasm.