Chapter 18: Explanations

Start from the beginning

I sighed and rubbed my forehead. " Well, my mission is to keep the boys safe. Yesterday, at the concert, Zayn got shot on stage, so he's in surgery... but before the concert, I noticed that a girl named Perrie, who's in a band called Little Mix, was holding a pistol. So I followed her whilst the concert was being held. That's the girl who you saw with Beckitt, Tyler. The girl with pink hair. Well, I followed her and locked her into a room backstage, so there's no way she could've shot Zayn..."

"Well then, it looks like we're going to be spending a lot more time together, Robyn," he gave me a big side hug, "Where are you currently living?" 

"Do you have a piece of paper and pen?"

"A spy always comes prepared! Well, a good one anyway.." he scoffed rollling his eyes.

"Oi! Cheeky!" I elbowed him in his ribs. It amazed me how Tyler could always keep me smiling, even if it was just a little bit, through the hard times in my life. Even if he hadn't been my friend for too long.

I wrote my address down on the paper and handed it back to him, examining his face. His perfectly sculpted features shined from the sunny rays the peeked through the windows.

"I have to get back to the boys now, they have no clue what's going on, and I need to give a pretty damn good excuse!"

"Well, good luck with that. I've got to report back to KAA. I'll tell them all of the information we have collected," Tyler replied with a smirk.

I nodded and strolled up to the door.

"Oh, and Robyn?" Tyler called one last time. I didn't turn to look at him, but I stopped in my tracks. "We'll be seeing a lot more of eachother..."

---------------------------

NARRATOR'S POV

Robyn walked back through the crowded hallways of the hospital and up to Liam, Niall, Louis and Harry, who were all waiting anxiously outside of room 36GH.

At the sight of Robyn walking towards them, they all stood up and bombarded her with questions... questions that Robyn found quite hard to answer.

"What the hell happened back there?" Liam exclaimed.

"Uhm, well, as you know, there was a scream. So I ran off to look for the source of it, which was from a locked room. I kicked down the door to see a woman and a man, the man holding a gun to the ladies head, right? So, I asked him what he wanted, and he wanted to talk to me alone, otherwise, he said he'd kill the woman, so I sent her out and spoke with the man... then my friend Tyler was looking for the bathroom and saw the commotion outside the room so he kicked the door open and saved me from being kidnapped, but he escaped when I came out to see how you guys were..." Robyn rambled. She didn't want to tell the guys about what they were talking about, but she knew that that was going to be a question from one of the boys.

"What were you talking about?" Harry asked.

"Oh, uhm, well, he just said that he was going to kidnap me and use me for ransom money..."

The boys all looked at her with shock and sympathy before gathering her into a group hug. Robyn hated to lie to the boys, but it was her job and her responsibility that they were to never find out. "So how's Zayn?" she asked, not wanting to break the hug.

"Uhm, well, the operation isn't over yet. The nurse said it'll take a long time to get the bullet out, and that if he does survive then he'd have to be in hospital for at least a week or two..." Harry said.

Robyn moved away from the hug. If? If? What do they mean if? Zayn was going to make it out, he was going to survive... Right?

"What do you mean if?" she asked quietly.

The boys all look at eachother and Robyn noticed the tears that were running down their faces.

"Robyn, there's a pretty good chance that- that Zayn won't make it... About a 90/10 chance..." Louis said, chocking on his words.

Robyn's world stopped. Her heart was attacking her chest vigorously, she felt like she couldn't breath and her vision was blurry from the tears she was oblivious to, running down her smooth cheeks. A 90/10 chance of Zayn dying? And it was all her fault.

She could never forgive herself.

But there was a chance that he could survive, even though it was most likely that he wouldn't, there was still a chance. And that little ray of hope kept Robyn from giving up, and it kept Robyn with some sort of happiness within her, until the day came when the doctors walked out of room 36GH and told them the big news.

The news that changed their lives.