I

(A/N): Hi guys! I hope you enjoy reading this new book; the idea popped into my head this morning, so I decided to start writing.

Note- This fanfic is set in the past and things such as Women's Rights didn't exist back then, so PLEASE don't write any comments complaining about the lack of rights in the story! I already know what I've written, and I'm not re-writing it anytime soon.

I believe in equality myself, and the references made in the story shouldn't be taken to heart, and are in the story for a reason.

Also this book is a literal mess because I'm an awful writer so I'm sorry in advance.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoy the story regardless!

~ Lubylu111

In the female tribe.....

"Hello there girls, I'm Mavis, the Female Tribe Leader for our Tribe Fairy Tail." Said the lady with long, blonde hair.

I'm Lucy Heartfilia, and I'm 5 years old. Everyone says I look like my mother, but I've never met her.

Oh, Mavis is talking, I better start listening.

"As you know, our tribe is split in two; the female tribe and the male tribe. Makarov is the leader of the male tribe, but you won't see him that much."

"Let's call out our names first so we can get to know each other."

"Lucy." I smiled.

"Levy." Levy's my best friend.

"Juvia." Juvia's my other best friend.

"Erza." She's the scary one.

"Wendy." Wendy's nice and really sweet to everyone.

"Mira." Mira and Erza always get in fights.

"Lisanna." Lisanna is sisters with Mira. She's a nice girl, I've just not spoken to her much.

"Yukino." Yukino is really pretty.

"Kagura." Kagura doesn't talk much, and I've never seen her smile before.

"Alright then, let me explain how things work: In our tribe, there are some men called hunters, and they're like kings compared to everyone else. They get food for both parts of our tribe and collect any supplies we need. But most of them build tools and huts for both male and female tribes. The women focus mainly on medicine and looking after the young, so we don't go outside the boundaries much."

"Awww!" Erza cried. "But I want to go on adventures and fight monsters!"
"But Erza.." Lisanna mumbled. "M-monsters are s-sc-scary!!"
"Oh well done Erza!" Mira yelled. "You scared my sister!"
"It's not my fault!" Erza retorted. "I just like fighting monsters!"
"Why don't you fight me instead!?"

"GIRLS!" Mavis yelled. "Behave!"

"Now, where was I? Oh yes! It is forbidden for females to enter the male tribe, and males are forbidden to enter the female tribe, except on one condition: On one night a year, the male tribe's hunters, about 9 or 10, enter the female tribe and steal away a girl each. This is called 'The Day of the Taking.' Those girls never return, but in their place, come several female babies to keep our tribe alive. The only time we see those girls again.....

Is when they're dead."

Everyone gasped, and Lisanna and Juvia started crying.
"Don't worry everyone!" Erza yelled. "I'll protect you!"

"Nice try Erza," Mavis laughed. "But these hunters are trained for doing things like this. They start training at 5, and they then become a fully fledged hunter at 15."

"I'll just train really hard too!" Erza yelled.
"I'll do anything to protect my sister!" Mira yelled too.

"Miss Mavis?" I asked. "How do we stay safe from these hunters?"
"You hide." She stated bluntly.
"Hide?" Everyone questioned.
"Yes." She replied. "The better you hide, the better chance you have of staying safe."

"Anything else?" Kagura asked.
"Never, ever make contact with them. If they like what they see, they'll definitely go after you." She explained.

"Okay now children, off you go." And so we ran back outside.

Meanwhile, in the male tribe.....

"Yo Natsu!" My dad yelled. "You ready to start training to be a hunter?"

I'm Natsu Dragneel, and I'm 5 years old. I live in the male tribe of Fairy Tail and today I'm gonna start training to be a hunter, along with my friends: Gajeel, Gray, Jellal, Romeo, Laxus, Bixllow, Sting and Rogue.

"Yeah dad!" I yelled. "Let's go!"

My dad Igneel was a hunter, but as soon as he caught a woman he stopped being one.
"Dad, how do catch things?" I asked him.
"We don't catch silly, we hunt." He said. "You use all your senses, strength and stamina to hunt down your prey."

"And what about hunting for a woman? Is that easy?" I pursued.
"No, it's really hard. Women are considered as rare gems Natsu, if you hunt one down and make her yours, you are known as a supreme hunter."

"Are you a supreme hunter dad?"
"I am."
"But you don't hunt anymore."
"That's because supreme hunters keep the tribe's population up, so we don't die out."
"COOL!" I yelled. "I'm gonna be the best supreme hunter and beat Gray!"
"That's my boy!" My dad smiled, patting me on the back.

Word Count: 833