I stood up from the table before making my way to the door.

"Don't say that bullshit, and don't come anywhere near her. We'll put your crap out on the porch so you don't have to come in." Tara replied, following me.

"I don't get why you're so jealous. You two clearly aren't together, and I think he has the right to make love with whoever he wants." Ashley chimed in.

"It's not love, it's just sex." Tara snapped.

"Sam," Rick mumbled, his voice shaky.

I ignored him and kept walking outside, tears falling out of my eyes.

"I'm sorry but I couldn't keep that it in any longer." Tara mumbled as we walked down the street.

"I'm glad you said it, because it made me realize that I keep getting myself screwed over by him." I replied, wiping tears off my cheeks as I walked inside my house.

I flopped down on the couch, watching Tara run up and down the steps for the next hour with Rick's stuff.

-

"Get the door!" Tara yelled from upstairs.

I groaned, standing up and walking over to the door.

"Hey," Adam greeted, a half smile on his lips.

"Hi." I replied.

"Um, I made some cookies. They're burnt, but it's the thought that counts, right?" He asked, holding up the little basket.

I smiled, opening the door more so he could come in.

"Thank you." I laughed, taking the basket from his hand.

"I made them as a thank you for helping me get away from that hell hole of a hospital." He replied.

"I didn't help, I just got caught and told you to go." I laughed.

"Still, you helped." He replied.

I sat down on the couch, motioning for him to sit down, too.

"Also, thanks for letting me stay here while I planned out my route to get home." He added.

"That's fine." I replied.

"I'll be leaving in the morning." He replied.

"Can I come? You seen what went down at the infirmary. I don't really want to be here right now, and besides, you might need some help. I'll come back here once I get you to your home." I replied.

"Are you sure you want to do that? You barely know me." He replied.

"Well, I put a gun to your head and you made me cookies, so I think we're okay." I joked.

"Well, if you really want to." He replied.

"I do." I replied.

"What happened with you and Rick anyway? You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to, I'm just curious." He mumbled.