Long Lost to the Underground?

Louis. Louis. Louis.

The word repeated in his head over and over. He didn't remember much, but he knew that word. What it was, he didn't know, but it was important. He couldn't risk forgetting it.

Louis Louis Louis

What did it mean? Was it something he should be wary of? Or maybe it was something he needed...

He opened his eyes so he could see a vague image of the world around him. Dark, gloomy. He thought maybe that was stone above him, or maybe it was dirt. He wasn't sure, he just knew it wasn't what he was supposed to see.

Or was it? He frowned, confused, but was too tired to hold the expression for longer than a few seconds.

"Easy. Just rest. Soon, you'll be better. Then, we can finish what we began." The strong voice was deep, a male.

All his energy went into turning his head to the right, looking in the direction of who'd spoken to him. The thing standing there looked familiar, like he'd seen it before. It's hands had long claws, there were no eyes, and it stank. Bad.

Something - a memory, perhaps? - nagged at the back of his mind.

LOUIS LOUIS LOUIS

As his mind tried to grasp what was nagging him, the creature that spoke carefully turned his head back so he was looking up at the ceiling again. Or maybe he was looking down. Who knew?

LOUISLOUISLOUIS

He groaned, or thought he did, as the word kept repeating in his mind, louder and stronger, faster. Until it filled his head, taking all his concentration.

His eyes slid shut as the creature knelt beside him and hissed. "That's a problem. He won't let go of that."

"He needs to. We can't change him if he won't let go of that." Another voice, just as deep and sure as the first.

Suddenly, the word stopped, replaced by sentences.

I am Louis. I am Louis Tomlinson.

A long claw trailed down his right arm, goosebumps rising in its wake. He shuddered, and his mind pounded with some memory trying to surface.

I am Louis Tomlinson. I am Louis Tomlinson.

He swallowed, opened his mouth, and spoke for the first time in what felt like an eternity. "I am Louis Tomlinson." The words casued the creatures to still, the claws to stop trailing down his arms, torso, and head. "I am Louis Tomlinson."

"No," the second creature said, the underlying hiss full of irritation. "You are one of us, now. We must finish your change."

"I am Louis Tomlinson." The words felt right, like they fit him. "I am Louis Tomlinson."

The creatures hissed. "No, you are ours. Our brother. Ours to command. One of us."

"I am Louis Tomlinson." He opened his eyes.

Louis opened his eyes. The two creatures hissed and snarled at him. "You are one of us, and we shall finish your change," the first said.

"No," Louis said. He couldn't remember much, but something came back as he glared at them good and hard, a little strength returning to him.

A flash of a memory, just a single moment of time. Four boys, all hovering in some area laying down or sitting in blue chairs, afraid of these things before him.

Just as quickly as it filled his mind, it was gone, leaving Louis lost and unsure. Who were the boys, and why did they fear the creatures before him?