Laid To Rest...

Damien’s POV

It’s been a few weeks since I’ve seen or even heard from Shae and that shit was getting to me cause I never went one day without talking to her unless we were mad at eachother and that only lasted a few days but it’s been about 3 weeks. I had been calling everybody I knew asking them if they’d seen her, I even called Xavier ass and everybody know I don’t like that bitch with a passion and he said he ain’t seen or heard from her either. I had all my boys all around Cali on the lookout for her cause this shit was stressing me out, especially since she’s pregnant. I had been calling Marcus’ ass for days and he ain’t been answering, I even went over his house and saw his cars and shit in the driveway but when I knocked nobody answered. I stayed at her house for days on end but she never came home and she never answered her phone.I picked up my phone and dialed her number for the umpteenth time in these weeks and listened as it rang and rang until it went to voicemail.

“Hey, you’ve reached TraShae! I’m sorry I couldn’t answer your phone call right now but leave your name and I’ll be sure to get back to you! BYEEEEEE!” we both said at the end making me smile faintly.

“Hey Shae.” I said sadly after the beep. “I know this is like the hundredth voicemail you done got from me but please just call me back.” I said then paused to take a break. “I just need to know that you iight.” I said finally my voice cracking like hell. “I love you, call me back.” I hung up the phone after that and threw it across the room and put my head in my hands as my elbows rested on my legs. Words couldn’t express how I felt right now, the worst feeling is not knowing. I just need to know whether it’s good or bad, I just need to know. Then a real nigga started to shed some tears silently and I hardly ever cry but I’ve been cryin’ a lot lately cause of Shae ass man, she stay in some shit but I still love her ass.

“Damien…” I heard Tori say sitting beside me on the edge of the bed with her hand gently resting on my back. I didn’t even hear her come in; I looked up at her with my face damp with tears.

“Something just ain’t right man, I can feel it.” I told her honestly looking in her eyes before taking my previous position and she wrapped her arms around me.

“We gone find her baby I know we are.” She tried to comfort me but in my mind I was only thinking of the worst things possible.

TraShae’s POV

It’s been about 3 weeks since Marcus’ death and his funeral was tomorrow. I had been staying at his house sleeping with his slowly fading scent every night and dreaming of him. I hadn’t been answering anyone’s calls or answering the door when people banged on it. I was too lost in my thoughts, I really hadn’t been eating anything because my appetite had left but I tried to eat something daily because I knew Cara needed it more than me and I didn’t want to harm her. She was the only thing I would have now close to him.

“I miss you so much.” I said for the thousandth time since he’d died and it wasn’t a lie. I laid limp on the bed as I began to sob in his pillow and I felt a freezing cold breeze like usual when I told him that I missed him which only made me cry harder. I laid there crying for a while when I heard my phone ring and ‘Hood Nigga’ by Gorilla Zoe came on indicating that Pooh was calling me. I rolled over and picked up my phone looking at the picture I had for him of the two of us and he was kissing me on the cheek as I made a funny face making me smile to myself. I wanted to pick up so bad cause I know he was worried sick but it’s like my body wouldn’t let me as it went to voice mail; I waited for a minute before his name popped up and I listened to it and by the end of it I was sobbing again. I wanted to tell him that I was alright but I couldn’t bring myself to do so right now with the state I was in. I began to feel Cara kick me several times and she usually did that when I hadn’t eaten; I limped out of bed and downstairs into the kitchen and fixed myself 3 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches before going back upstairs and eating them all and her kicking soon ceased. I placed the plate on the night stand next to the bed and curled into myself and cried silently like I had been doing for the 3 weeks.