The Trap...

After Shae left we all stayed at her apartment like we always do; chilled, smoked and played the Xbox. But next thing I know, a nigga was sleep on the floor in Omar lap; I jumped up too quick cause I ain’t with that gay shit fa’real dawg even though I know it wasn’t no shit like that. I looked around to see that everybody was knocked out everywhere like it was a damn Project X party or some shit. I took my phone out of my pocket and it said that it was 2:16 in the morning. I quietly got up and walked over people up the stairs to Shae’s room cause I wasn’t bout to sleep on this hard ass floor.

When I walked in there, I saw that the bathroom door was open and the light was on so I assumed she was in there. I tiptoed in the doorway with intentions of scaring her; she ain’t have on nothing but bra and panties they had black lace with cheetah print on them. I had to lick my lips cause she looked good.  But when I looked her in her face I saw that she was crying and looking in the mirror at her face . Her nose looked real bruised and the first thing that came to my mind was Zay. I had heard rumors that he hit females but for actually see the shit for myself really pissed me off. She finally noticed me staring at her through the doorway and she tried to turn her head and put on her clothes.

I walked fully into the bathroom behind her and called her name softly. “Shae.”

“Yeah?” she said with fake ass happiness.

I ain’t wanna ask off top but it slipped out of my mouth, “What happened to your face?” it came out kind slow as if I ain’t want to ask but I had to.

“Huh?” she asked still trying to put on her damn clothes.

I was tired of her actin’ stupid like wasn’t shit wrong with her so I grabbed her and turned her towards me so that I could get a better look at her face but she only looked down at the finger s she was playin with which pissed me off even more. “Look at me.” I told her but she wouldn’t. “TraShae, look at me.” I said with more force this time and when she didn’t do it I lifted her chin with my index finger so that she was looking up at me.  I looked her dead in her eyes and read her; hurt, sadness, frustration, etc.  I asked the same question I did when I walked in this damn bathroom. “What. Happened. To. Your. Face?”

She laughed, “Oh nothing, Zay was chasing me around and I ran into a car. I wasn’t paying attention.”

“BULLSHIT!” I wanted to scream at her but I kept my sanity. She knows that I know when she lies because her eyes change color. From a light brown to a very, very dark brown.  “You ran into a car huh?” I managed to say aloud.  I wanted to touch her face so I did and she winced to my touch.

She plastered a smile on her face and said, “Yup!” and pranced out of the bathroom and getting into bed. I was getting’ more pissed cause she was savin’ this nigga and I NOW he did this shit. I followed her and laid in bed next to her.

I wanted to as her so many questions. “How long you been lettin’ this nigga hit you?” “Why you ain’t tell nobody?” “Did you beat his ass?” I only stuck with one and that was “Why you lyin’ to me Shae?”

She did that little cute thing she do with her eyebrows when she gets confused but I knew she wasn’t but she lied again, “What you talkin’ bout Jay? I ain’t lyin’. Now can I just go to sleep please?” she sounded like she was mad but, hell, I’m the one that should be MAD!  She turned over so that her back was facing me and I just had to sit there for a minute to calm myself down so that I wouldn’t leave and do nothing crazy. I eventually calmed down and got up and left the room to sleep back o the floor.

The next morning I woke up balled up on the floor with Tori laid up beside me with the biggest smile on her face like a damn stalker.  “The fuck?!” I yelled jumping to my feet as she laughed like that shit was funny. “You scared the shit outta me!” I said closing my eyes for a minute and opening them.