Revealing the Truth...

When I woke up the next morning the pain was excruciating between my legs and it was kind of hard to maneuver around. I sat up slowly and got my phone off the nightstand to see that I had some missed call and unread text but that wasn’t anything new; I texted Pooh, Tori, and Jace telling them that we were having a family meeting at my house at 2 as they replied ‘ok’. I set my phone back down on the night-stand when I felt that queasy come to me once again like it does every morning. I stumbled out the bed and into the bathroom hardly making it to the toilet when I let it all out. I finished up and slouched over on the bathroom floor when I heard somebody come in the house and just prayed that it wasn’t Zay.

“Shaaaae! I decided to come on over cause I ain’t got shit else to do.” I heard Tori’s voice say throughout the house and I blew a sigh of relief. “I know yo ass ain’t sleep.” I heard her sass as she waled into my bedroom.

“I’m in here.” I called out weakly and she walked in and kneeled by me.

“Oh my gosh mami you alright?! What happened?” she asked franticly.

“Just some morning sickness. Do me a favor though, call Marcus for me and ask him for the drink his momma gave him for morning sickness.” I asked sitting up and flushing the toilet as she walked out of the bathroom and back into the bathroom with my phone to her ear. “Put it on speaker.” I told her and she did.

“Wessup baby?” he answered in a husky voice as If he was sleepy or already sleep.

“This ain’t baby, this is Tori.” Tori said into the phone.

“Oh my bad, ho you doin’?” he asked politely.

“I’m good but ‘baby’ isn’t, she’s having bad morning sickness and she wanted me to ask for some type of drink your mamma makes for this type of thing.” She said into the phone as I heard him sigh.

“Hold up.” He said into the phone and you could hear shuffling on the other line like he was getting out of bed or something. He put the phone back to his ear and began to recite the recipe that his mom had given him and Tori took it down.

“Thanks, you’re such a sweetheart.” She said somewhat sarcastically and he laughed.

“Guess so. Tell her I’ll call her back later tho cause you woke me up.” He said wearily.

“Alright then, bye.” She finished before hanging up the phone. She smiled over at me and helped me get off the floor and into my bed before walking down the steps to make the drink.

“Don’t forget to warm it up!” I yelled down to her so she could hear me from downstairs.  It took a few minutes and I felt like throwing up again but she walked in the room just in time with the drink. I quickly snatched it out her hands and drunk it down hurriedly making my queasy feeling go away quickly.

“Well damn.” She laughed. I glared at her and finished the sweet/tangy drink before setting the mug down and looing over at Tori. “So what’s this ‘meeting’ about anyway?” she asked and I looked at her like she was stupid before she caught on and mouthed the word ‘oh’.

“Yeah.” I said irritated. I looked over at the clock and it was going on 1 so I knew that they would be coming soon. 

“So how you think they gone take it? Especially Jace.” She asked and I sighed and put my hands over my face, somehow during this whole thing I forgot to consider Jace’s feelings.

“God, I don’t know Tori. I’m so scared it doesn’t make any sense. I know I might be losing Jace intimately but I don’t want to lose him as a friend you know? I don’t know what I’d do. I’ve made such a mess.” I cried hysterically into Tori’s arms.