Chapter 31 ~Feel~

Start from the beginning

"I'm worried about Michael."

"Don't worry about it. It'll just be for two days or so. He's dealt with longer before. It's natural for us."

"I'm worried about Louis. He's not getting any better and he should be by now."

"i know you're scared, but there's nothing we can do about it right now. You not getting adequate sleep won't do anyone any good. It's only going to make things worse. You're a better help when you're fully rested. Even if Louis' leg doesn't get better, he's still the same him and he can get a prosthetic. It's not the end of the world. Try and fall asleep, baby." he said, rubbing my shoulders which seemed extremely tense. I sighed and rested my head on his bare shoulder. He sang quietly until I was on the edge of unconsciousness.

"Thank you." I mumbled, kissing his shoulder so that I wouldn't have to move.

"I love you." he answered, simply, kissing the top of my head.

In the morning, I heard him in the bathroom, singing to a song, so I wandered in, sitting strategically on the counter top in front of him. "Maybe we should go find Louis and give him a pep talk. He might not have enough motivation to do this."

"I don't think that's what it is, Charlie. The doctor's said that this is probably what would happen." Harry explained, sticking a toothbrush that he left here now in his mouth.

"I think that we should at least try. We can't know what's going on though his head. Besides, even if this doesn't fix his leg, it would keep him from being so down if he does have to get a prosthetic." Harry nodded and rinsed his mouth out.

"Let's go." he said, leading me downstairs, easily since both of my parents were already at work. "Have you thought anymore about getting therapeutic help?" he asked, taking my hand.

"I've actually been feeling a lot better lately. I don't think that I really need it, to be honest. I mean, it sucks, but I'm getting better day by day. You know what they say: time heals all wounds. I feel safe when you're around, trust me."

"I want you to feel safe when i'm not around as well." he frowned

"I sort of do. I'm not as weak and pathetic as one might think."

"I certainly don't think that you are weak or pathetic. I love you because I know that you are not." he explained. I looked at him and grinned. He grinned right back with a smile that was probably too big for his own face.

"I think I'm going to take a self defense class though. I used to go to them a lot when I was younger, but I haven't in a while. It wouldn't hurt to brush up on my skills."

"I can teach you too, you know."

"That would be lovely."

"Lovely." Harry imitated. I punched him lightly in the arm and laughed at his stupid mockery. We got to Louis' family's front door and Harry rang the bell. He rocked back and forth on his feet and scratched at his wrists in anxiousness. Louis' mom opened the door and Harry cleared his throat, uncomfortably. "Is Louis in?"

"He is, but he's not feeling very well today. Just go ahead to his room." she said, opening the door wider so we could enter. Harry led me to his room and he knocked softly on the door. There was a soft what so we opened the door and walked inside.

"What do you want?" Louis was sat on his bed, facing away from us, watching a soccer game with his braced leg propped up on a pillow.

"Louis, It's me and Charlie." Harry said. Louis turned around quickly in surprise. He looked excited for a minute but his face immediately dropped again.