33- A series of unfortunate events

Start from the beginning

I stuffed my purchase into the bag, as well as my empty Pokéballs. I swear I'm the queen of making dumb decisions. Why would I leave myself vulnerable like that, especially when I know I'm being hunted.

With a sign of defeat, I collapsed onto a park bench, burying my head in my hands.

"Incoming~!" Night chirped.

Looking up I could sight of a painfully familiar green haired teen coming my way.

"Will you ever stop stalking me?" I hissed at my own personal stalker.

N shrugged. "I was just getting supplies, having you stay kinda drained me of anything. I swear this is by complete coincidence. Now more to the topic, what are you doing out here? A pretty young lady such as yourself shouldn't be out alone this late."

"Well thanks to you, no one can do anything without their Trainer ID anymore which is with my brother right now so I'm back to living outdoors, lucky me. Not that I have the money for a room anyway."

The older trainer raised an eyebrow. "Well, I was about to get my own room at the Pokémon Centre, if you like I could get you your own."

I thought about this for a brief moment before I smothered my pride and accepted since sleeping in a tree really didn't appeal to me at this moment. "Fiiiiiiiine, but this doesn't mean I like you."

"I wouldn't expect anything less for you Emma.

~*🌸*~

Sleeping in an actual bed on my own was something I'd felt like I hadn't done in a long time, which realistically, I hadn't. Between getting kidnapped by my biological father and having to stay with N until my back healed, it had been a while since I could relax and actually sleep peacefully for once.

N was unfortunately next door to myself but with a think layer of brick between us, I felt safe enough to rest. The two bedroom also shared a bathroom but I could lock it from my side to keep him out if I wanted to, and I did but not before N, being persistent as ever, basically conned me into letting him buy me dinner which was a pain to me because I was ready to sleep but eventually I gave in and let him pay for a meal and since he was being a pain to me, I was one back and ordered the most expensive meal on the menu and practically glared at him the whole time which to my distain, amused him even more.

Incase you haven't guessed, I still don't like N and I continue not to like him until I feel otherwise.

After the painfully long meal, which ended with me slapping him across the face for hitting on me, it had been playful but I was sick of reminding him that I was already dating and I still hate his guts. I really hope that me sticking up for him in Unova wasn't backfiring in me.

I collapsed on my bed, dumping my bag on the floor. Night, thank Arceus, was asleep where I left her because I really did not want to put up with her antics right now. Falling asleep quickly was something I was thankfully for, as well as the dreamless sleep that followed.

~*🌸*~

The sun was up before I was for once. I spent to morning refreshing myself, brushing my hair completely free of any tangles or knots after a long, hot shower which took an hour alone but I felt it was worth it after I pulled it back into a tight low Ponyta-tail with the exemption of my fringe and bangs that framed my face.