Chapter Thirty-Seven

Start from the beginning

"No, you won't," I said, my eyes staying on him, "stop."

"I'm not playing, Harry," he said back in a gentle tone, "I'd do it in a heartbeat."

"I know you mean that... but you will never do that for me," I said, my voice cracking, "no."

He looked away again, and all I could see was how upset and hurt he was. I hadn't realized what an affect this had on Zayn. He never told me. But I never told him things either.

"You know, I'm really sorry," I started, his eyes looking back, "that I never said anything about Darren... the actual truth, I mean... I should've."

"Harry, you've already apologized to me," he whispered.

"Yeah, but," I said looking back down at my hands, "I just feel bad that I didn't tell you, of all people."

"I wasn't exactly honest with you, was I?" He asked me, my eyes looking back at his, "I mean, I lied about Darren to steal his shit from that flat and you've gotten shit for it because of me..."

"So did you," I said seriously, "don't blame yourself, too, Zayn. God, I've already had to hear this from Louis."

"I figured," he nodded a little before looking up at the coming car. It was Darren's. "Harry..."

I looked back at him after getting the bags from the backseat.

"Don't hesitate to call me," he placed his hand on my hand and said, his eyes glaring into mine, "I'll be there in no time..."

"Alright," I managed to get out. I hugged him tight. I don't know what drove me to, but I felt like it was needed.

"I love you, man," I said to him.

"Love you, too, Harry," he said softly, "I'll see you in just a little bit. Right?"

"Right," I replied quietly as I let him go, forcing a smile again, "look, go take care of that eye. And get your shit back together to come back to Gemma's."

Zayn laughed a little as I stepped out, "be careful, babe."

I nodded and closed the door, my eyes going to Darren's car up ahead. No, this didn't look suspicious. I was carrying 4 duffle bags in my hands, going from one car to another.

I opened the door to the backseat and tossed the bags in, Darren rolling his window down.

"Get in," he said softly.

I bit my lip and glanced back at Zayn who was still sitting there, watching me closely. I knew it was taking everything he had in him not to get out of that car and go after Darren. He wanted to so badly.

I climbed in the car slowly, looking back at Zayn's car in the rearview mirror while Darren drove off.

He wasn't saying anything; it was a bit scary honestly. I wasn't sure what to expect from him.

"Did you get it all?" He asked me, his eyes staying on the road ahead.

"Uh, it's all there," I replied, "your money is in it, too."