Chapter Fifty-One

Start from the beginning

Jameson continued to mutter things that were either incoherent or just weren't in the English language at all. However, he was torn away from his trance as his phone rang. We both jumped at the sudden noise that wasn't Jameson's voice. He fumbled around for a bit before he pulled out his phone, quickly answering it.

"Ye–" He paused suddenly and I frowned. As if it was even possible, Jameson appeared to get even more worried and distraught. Soon, the phone call ended, along with Jameson's last strand of patience, of which I realised when he stormed out of the room.

I quickly ran after him, closing the door to our room behind us. Jameson was already halfway down the corridor and I wondered how on earth a human could walk that fast. I sprinted to catch up with him and struggled to get my words out as he kept walking off.

"Where are you going?" I asked him breathlessly, fighting to keep up with him. Jameson continued to charge ahead, and I thought he would never respond.

"We've been called to a meeting." Jameson told me, no sign of emotion in his voice whatsoever. Back to square one, I guess.

I stopped in my tracks, in shock about being called. How much trouble does that make me in? Or—worse—us? I soon regretted stopping to think when I refocused on the reality and found that Jameson was absolutely nowhere to be seen. I let out a frustrated shriek before running around the corner.

Jameson had stopped outside a door and I almost ran into him. I skidded to a halt, then went flying forward—of course. Jameson's arms went out to stop me from falling but I had already caught myself. I was about to thank Jameson for trying when the door opened and a very concerned and stressed looking Kate was on the other side.

She nodded at us, "Thank you for getting here in a timely manner. Come in." She opened the door wider and stepped back to let us in. She better thank me; I just did a flipping five minute sprint.

Jameson and I followed her and were greeted with a huge table, with a lot of people sat around it. Anxiety built up inside of me; what did we do wrong? Surely it can't be the kiss we just shared, if so, then, Jesus, that was quick.

"Take a seat." Kate gestured to the only two seats that were available, on either side of the table. My eyes found Eden before I found the seat. And her seat was next to mine. I hesitantly broke apart from Jameson and took my seat as if Eden didn't affect me.

There's no way I am going to acknowledge her again, but upon glancing at her briefly, I noticed a sly smirk sitting on her lips, one that made my stomach churn. What did she do?

"We were very hesitant to pair you two together, regarding the rules," Kate began, folding her hands together in front of her on the table in a very business-like manner. Jameson nodded as she turned to look at him. I had a feeling he was replaying our kiss over and over in his head, managing to pick out three things—three different things—wrong with it every time.

"But that was okay since we trusted you," She continued, mainly talking to Jameson. I kept my eyes on her, afraid that if I looked elsewhere my eyes would somehow meet Eden's. And then I'd be assassinated or some bullshit.

"However, something was brought to our attention that wasn't–" Kate paused, picking her words carefully.

"We just want to double check something with the both of you." Kate informed us both before hand signalling to the guy behind her. Looking up, I saw a video begin to play on the television screen. My room, or what appeared to be my room, was being screened. Out of nowhere, Jameson and I both came flying out, and I picked up on Jameson's tactical body switching as we hit the floor. I instantly knew what this was.