Chapter Eighty-Eight

^ Saph's dress (on Maia Mitchell who is casted as Saph) ^

________________________________

T h e   H o l l o w s O f
H    I    R    A    E T H
_________________________________

Just over ten minutes later, the hum of chatter died down, and it became apparent to me that everyone up here on the balcony would meet their escorts downstairs. Let's just hope Carter figures that out. Like me, some girls flocked to the back, whilst others, like Cassie, strode to the front of the line.

Avery tugged at my arm and brought me right to the back and I grimaced. "I don't want to be this far back!" I hissed and she grinned pointing behind me at a huddle of girls who moved to stand behind us. This placed us at about just after the middle point. I murmured apologies to Avery but she dismissed them as we watched Cassie walk downs the stairs.

There was nothing special about it, we all walk down the stairs one after the other, collect our partners and go. Saph was a few people in front of us and made her way down the stairs like she was a born runway model. When it got to Avery and I, we seemed to make a silent agreement that Avery would go first, with me hot on her heels.

However, when I got to the bottom I was left slightly disappointed. Understatement, the whole hall crashed down, bricks of embarrassment harshly hurled at me, hitting me from all kinds of angles.
Carter wasn't there.

Just before I got stoned to death, a figure moved from the wall to stand in front of me, their hand out to me. I grasped into it before seeing who it was. Jameson. My whole body relaxed, all forms of tension leaving me, my shoulders dropping, a small hum of satisfaction slithering up my throat. I pressed against him as he guided me to the middle of the dance floor—my worst fear—to whisper into his ear.

"Where's Carter?" I asked him before we came to a stop, standing face to face. We'd have to wait for the remaining couples to get to the dance floor before the music started and we could dance. Not that the melodic tune of the piano wasn't music, but we apparently aren't dancing to the piano.

"I don't know, I can't see him anywhere." Jameson responded in a hushed voice, placing a palm on my back and pressing me closer to him as he looked around me.

"So he bailed?" I asked, astounded that my best friend for years, and now boyfriend, would actually stand me up. What happened? He seemed fine when he agreed to go with me.

Jameson's eyes met mine and a sudden flicker of fury and disbelief crossed over them. "I don't understand why, he agreed to come, right?"

"Of course," I nearly hissed, "That's why I don't understand why he isn't here." I said, my maddened emotions fighting to take control of my voice as I nearly shouted. The last few girls were making their way down the stairs when I calmed down.

I bit at my lip, then next my nails as anxiety crawled through my veins. "What if something happened? What if he got shot or something?" I shot at Jameson as worry ate my insides up.

I could see that Jameson was refraining from laughing, probably at my sudden conclusion. However, he didn't let it get the better of him and instead the hand on my back rose to gently comb through my hair, then he soothingly rubbed my arm with his other hand. It gave me chills, probably not helping the situation. Jameson pulled me closer as if he thought the chills were caused by a drop in temperature.

"I'm sure if he was shot the ball would be cancelled, Sky. I've been around guardians since we stepped foot in here, I think if there was something wrong I would've heard word by now." He reassured me, but I didn't feel reassured at all. The last couple reached the floor before I thought of what to say. I had so many questions. He chose to not turn up. It was deliberate. But why? Was he sick? Got two left feet over night? Did he hate me? The last question scared the heck out of me, and so did the start of the music and I jumped slightly.

Jameson easily started to dance with me, making my jump look like a step to the side. Jameson had told me a few of the songs that would be played here, and it seems his guess of 'Give Me Love' by Ed Sheeran was a winner. Apparently, though, they play the same songs every year, as if they couldn't find a single disparate love song among the sea of them. There should be a flood of romantic songs dispersing from the speakers right now, but no, just the same songs.

I ignored the song choice, feeling slightly stupid that I wasted the first few seconds of the song worrying about such a useless thing. Instead, I stared at Jameson, marvelling in the attention he was so religiously giving me. Suddenly, his eyes became the most interesting things in the room, like a hypnotic spectacle. They looked back into mine, and Jameson's lips turned upwards into a small smile, distracting me from his eyes.

I didn't understand this feeling. Maybe I was crushing on Jameson. Maybe we admitted feelings. But did I really fall this deeply. Am I in love?

We waltzed through the hall, and soon I found that it felt like we were the only two people in the room. The only thing that mattered was how his hand fitted perfectly into mine. How his palm, pressed against my back, warmed my whole body but sent chills down my spine. How we could dance like we had practiced our whole lives, when, really, I had no clue where our feet moved and stopped. All I could concentrate on was his face, his features, his hair, the feeling of him touching me.

Nothing else mattered in this moment. Everything with him came so naturally that'd you'd expect us to be married for sixty years and counting. As if we were two souls entwined together.

The song ended, but I didn't realise, I then wondered if I ever really heard the song. A tingling sensation spiked from my waist upwards before I realised that Jameson was starting to pull me away from the dance floor.

(A/N this is the video that inspired the scene, courtesy of Delena from TVD 👏🏼)

"The songs aren't over." I spoke up, startled that I found my voice when such awestruck feelings were numbing me. The new song started and my ears told me I had heard it before, but my brain concentrated on how it felt to have Jameson so close to me. Meanwhile, my heart had escaped to Utopia.

We kept walking, but it felt like I was floating, a majestic spirit dancing around the halls. The change of scenery startled me, partly because I wasn't paying attention, but also because it was a vast contrast to the spectacular ballroom we were just in. The room was plain white, looking to be a back room, something out of the way and peacefully quiet. The only thing that made it remotely eye catching was the lush, black, leather sofa—long enough to fit three of my bodies and wide enough to sleep maybe that same amount of me. Everything is great when you can measure using your own body.

Then, like the sudden startling strong gust of wind, I hit the sofa. Jameson was on top of me. His eyes were beautifully alight with lust and I fell deep into a hypnotising spiral of love for him. Then our lips met. This time, I heard the song; about love, obviously, it hit the chorus as things got more heated. The song was drowned by the tide that was our love. I let myself get pulled under as Jameson and I continued our bliss.

Although very public, it felt better than it did in private.

________________________________

#sexy
#skyson
#sexyskyson
#skysongetiton

(did anyone just read tit)

-no I didn't who are you

________________
Next update: Friyay
________________

CHAPTER EIGHTY-NINE SPOILER:

What happens with these two lovers next?

Are they caught?

How far do they go?

But what happens when a message disrupts the bliss of it all?

What secrets will be spilled?

#thebookisgettinggood