The Panthers get near their own goal line and Saracen passes off to Riggins, Riggins takes a huge hit and the Gatling Eagles get a two point safety. It takes a long time for Riggins to get up and it looks like Riggins is hurt. Smash helps him over to the sidelines and the look on Lyla's face was full of concern. Things are going from bad to worst in this game

We were standing there watching him get to the bench and then the girls behind us in the stands started yelling "Hey Lyla Riggins is hurt over there!" "Lyla does Tim prefer boxers or briefs?" "Lyla which player you going to get with next?" They were all laughing and joking, and we kept cheering until one of them splashed a water bottle on us. That was when Lyla put down her pompoms and walked off.

I looked at the girls and then got us cheering again, this was becoming way too much. The game started back and Riggins makes it back out onto the field. Saracen calls the play and pitches the ball off to Smash, Riggins blocks Smash from getting hit and he makes it all the way. The Dillon Panthers get the touchdown and the Panthers win the game.

Saracen took off his helmet and ran over to the side lines where we are were at and pulled Paisley into a kiss. We all smiled about how cute they were, I wanted that more than I could ever explain. I wanted to have that relationship, I have always wanted that feeling and always been to one to just witness it. Now I can never feel that because I only wanted that with guy I thought as I felt my face heat up, from trying to not tear up.

I grabbed my things walking off, she could come find me when she was ready I didn't want to stand there and watch them. As I was walking to the car I heard my parents holler at me and I sighed, I was hoping this wouldn't have happened. I turned around and looked at them, saying "What did you want? To yell at me some more..." I teared up, wiping it away quickly.

My dad sighed and looked at me, saying "Hayleigh, I am so sorry I snapped on you that night. I took it all as a shock, you are my daughter and I didn't like the idea of you dating. And then to top it off it was it was someone who can't even care for you. It was my worst nightmare for you and I just exploded and I know I shouldn't have."

I just shrugs and said "It's whatever dad, I'm still not coming home...yes you apologized and now you think it should all be forgiven. That wasn't an apology, you still feel the same way. I don't care about you yelling at me...it was what you and mom said."

That was when my mom responded "Baby, we really want you to come home and you know we were just wanting the best for you. We want you to meet a really great guy and be so happy with him. What about Matt Saracen? He seems like a really sweet guy and would take great care of you."

I rolled my eyes at the comment, they can't pick everything I do. I said "Is this all you wanted to talk about? And for your information I did meet a really good guy and he did make me happy, the happiest. But you two didn't care one bit about how happy I was, you wanted to pick the guy and you all wanted to be happy. It's all you and I don't who you think I am but I can fine care of myself. Also Matt Saracen has a girlfriend and even if he didn't I wouldn't go for that. You can't control very decision I make! You all chose which college you think would be right for me, I hate the idea of Columbia and also told me that I should not be a cheerleader. Well you know what, I love cheering and I love the University of Texas and I love Jason Street."

I walked off with everyone in that parking lot staring at me and I could hear my dad yelling my name. I went to find Paisley with tears rolling down my cheeks, she was still with Saracen. I looked at them and said "Can we go? He can come too if you want...But I need to leave."

They looked at me concerned and Matt said "Um Are you okay? Do I need to get you something? A tissue?"

I shook my head and said "Thanks Saracen, but I'm ok I just need to go...get back to Dillon I have someone I need to see. So can we go please?"

Paisley smiled big and got all giddy "Well why didn't you lead with that, we got to get back then if you need to see who I think you do."

"Oh hush Paisley, come on you two." I said as I walked to my car with them. I was pretty silent most of the drive, while the lovebirds were making out in the back. I looked at the clock, it was already past midnight and I then thought it might be too late. It would probably be 1 AM before I could get there. I didn't want to wake him up...he might not even want to see me.

I smiled as we got back into the town limits and said "Hey you two back there, where you want me to take you because I got things to do."

Matt pulled away from her and said "What things you doing at 1 AM and my house is fine."

I smiled bigger and replied "Don't question me, Saracen!" I giggled a little and pulled into his grandma's driveway. "Here you go, Bye guys! I'll call you tomorrow Paisley."

I pulled out of the driveway and got so nervous, what if he doesn't want to talk or it's too late. I went around and got a milkshake, and went on there. I had many doubts and almost turned around but parked my car. I went up to his room as quietly as possible, I walked in and said "Jason are you still awake?"

He looked at me sleepily, replying "Yes, but I thought you hated me and never wanted to see me again."

I looked down at my feet "Yea...I did say that but I didn't mean it, I couldn't hate you Street. I brought you this milkshake as a peace offering, it's your favorite."

He smiled and said "Come here you! And I am so sorry about everything that happened...I didn't really think that day. I hope you will forgive me for that, it won't happen again I promise. I am done with her for good, I don't want to lose you again Hayleigh."

I sit down beside him, giving him the milkshake and said "It was already a really bad day that day, I had got into it with my parents.  My best friend seemed like she didn't really care and I just wanted you. I came and she was here...it was my worst nightmare to think it was a joke. To think that you had used me to get her back. I'm sorry I snapped it just broke me." I started to tear up against trying so hard not to.

He wiped my tears and looked at me "Please Hayleigh I promise you it was nothing like that."

I got closer to him and smiled a little "I forgive you." he cupped my face and our lips slowly collided.

•A.N•
-thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy! :)
-Taylor