Chapter Six

"I'll pay," Yugi insisted, handing Brassy a cone and pulling out a bill from his pocket.

"Kaiba gave us money for a reason, Yugi," Brassy reminded.

"I know," Yugi nodded, giving the cashier a five "But I don't mind."

"You modest PUNK," Brassy laughed "No wonder Joey likes you so much. You probably buy all his meals for him, too."

"Of course not!" Yugi blushed "Besides, Kaiba takes care of him just fine."

"Eh," she scoffed "Kaiba. Personally, I believe Joey deserves better than that egocentric money hoarder but, it's not like he really has many options. Me, Joey and Serenity were all really close when we were kids. I met them shortly after my step-daddy kicked me out. My mom was at work when he did it so I never got to say good-bye to her."

"My parents are never around either," Yugi understood "For as long as I could remember, I've lived with my grandpa in the game shop. They used to come and visit me but, about five years ago, the calls stopped coming and they stopped visiting all together. I haven't heard from them since then."

"Do you ever try to get in contact with them anymore?" Brassy inquired.

"No," Yugi admitted "They never answered my calls so I figured they just didn't want to talk to me and I stopped trying."

"From the number of girls who come up to talk to you," Brassy pointed out "You've got to be some kind of celebrity. Haven't they tried to get back in touch with you or something."

"I'm not THAT big of a celebrity," Yugi insisted "I mean... Nobody really pays attention to stuff like who the King Of Games is or anyth-"

"YOU'RE THE KING OF GAMES?!" Brassy gasped "WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THIS?! I WOULD TOTALLY GO AROUND BRAGGING ABOUT THAT IF I WERE YOU!"

"Calm down, Brassy," Yugi laughed "It's not that big of a deal. It's just a title. I don't even deserve it, really. It's my friends who've helped me along that really deserve it."

"And people say I'M modest," Brassy rolled her eyes "You are to cute for words, Yugi Moto. You know that?"

"I get that a lot," Yugi nodded.

"BECAUSE IT'S TRUE!" Brassy exclaimed. Yugi rolled his eyes and let her continue "I mean... You have to feel some sort of pride! How do you handle all of the Fangirls? Don't they annoy you to no ends? They sure annoy me!"

"You aren't... Jealous, are you?" Yugi teased.

"What?!" Brassy blushed, firetruck red "OF COURSE NOT! Why would I be jealous of your Fangirls?"

"I'm kidding," Yugi smiled, moving a stand of her hair that fell out of place "There isn't really anything to be jealous of anyway. I'd much rather hang out with one of my friends, like you, than with any smelly Fangirls."

"You mean that?" Brassy wondered, wide-eyed.

"Of course I do," Yugi nodded.

"YOURESOSSSSSWWWWEEEEEETTTT!!!!" Brassy exclaimed, hugging him. Yugi blushed a little and hugged her back.

"Thank... You?" Yugi muttered.

"I've never had any friends besides Joey and Serenity," she admitted.

"I'll be sure to introduce you Tristan, Téa, Duke and Ryo, too," Yugi assured "They're some of my other friends."

"I've heard of Tristan and Duke," Brassy remembered "Joey was going on about how he was going to kill them for hitting on Serenity."

"Ya... About that..." Yugi hesitated.

---

Joey: You are totally going to help me beat up my friends, right, Brassy?

Brassy: Of course! How dare they hit on Serenity?!

Serenity: /face-palm\

Brassy + Joey: SERENITY! When did you get here?! /Tackle\

Serenity: Eep! /Step-aside\ Next chapter! Calm down!

Catty: NOOO! HOWDAREYOUDOTHAT?!? NOWALLOFMYFANSAREGOINGTOHATEMEFORMYSPOILERS!! ROAR!!

Seto: All two fans, right?

Catty: /sniffle\ WH-

Seto: Don't...

Catty: \:D ...

Seto: DONTLOOKATMELIKETHAT!

Brassy, Joey, Yugi + Serenity: /snicker\

Solomon: ...And your duel-disks and your text smilies and your wierd faces and your snickering and your words inside slashes that mean actions and your spoilers and your copy-rights and your fanfics and your wattpad.com and your...

Yugi + Catty: /facepalm\

Joey: /:D

Catty: I'm going to my anti-social writing corner.

Seto: You do that.

Catty: ROARZ! D:<

Seto: 8|

------