Surprise Valentine's Gift - Jastin

Justin

I frowned as I sat down in second period. It was Valentine's Day today and I was by myself.

Jason called and said he was sick today and couldn't come.

I offered to come over and nurse him back to health but he refused, saying he didn't want me to get sick. So I'm riding solo.

My eyes wondered around the room to see couples being lovey dovey and cute. I tore my gaze away and stared out the window.

"Happy Valentine's Day Justin! Where's lover boy?" Kyle asked smiling. Kyle was Jason's best friend.

"He's sick," I frowned, drawing on my workbook.

"He is? Not when I saw him," He said. I snapped my head up. "What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"I saw him today, he was getting food. He didn't look sick," He explained.

I frowned. Why would Jason lie to me?

"Oh okay," I replied.

I saw his phone flash in the corner of my eye, making him look down.

"Hey, Chelsea just arrived. I'm going to go see her," Kyle said hesitantly, standing up.

"Okay, say hi to her for me," I said. "Will do, I'll be back in 10 minutes," Kyle smiled.

"Where do you think you're going Mr. Anderson?" The teacher asked.

"I forgot my workbook, may I go get it?" He asked smoothly.

"Of course, be quick," She said.

Kyle turned and winked at me before walking out the door.

I continued to doodle in my book. My mind coming back to Jason.

Why did he lie to me? He's been so distant lately and hanging out with other people.

My conscience decided to speak up.

Maybe he's planning to break up with you

Why would he stay with you?

You're so ugly, fat and dumb.

I frowned at my mind.

He's going to break up with me.

I kept my head down and kept my tears at bay.

Why would he stay with me? I'm a nobody. A loner. I'm ugly and fat. No one likes me. Jason just pitied me.

I'm known because of Jason.

I was pulled out of my thoughts and realised the period was over. Kyle didn't even come back.

I collected my stuff and walked out to see everyone smiling at me. What's happening?

Creepy smiles just coming from everywhere.

I frowned. Is Jason gonna break up with me in public?

"What is going on?" I whispered quietly as the people were following me. Phones out and in display.