Chapter 16: Time To Fight

One by one, each Kwami zoomed into their miraculouses, transforming your three friends into their alter egos.

You stood before them, suddenly feeling superior, and frankly, a lot smaller. The light outside of the windows started to fade, making the atmosphere much more quiet and sinister.

They beamed at you, admiring their own heroic appearances but gingerly frowning at yours. You stared down at your dress and converse, immediately feeling self conscious.

The quietness from the outside world was hauntingly quiet, making you shiver.

You couldn't believe that you were about to fight your own father, the one person who you could trust your whole life.

"Well you definitely can't fight Hawk Moth in that." Ladybug giggled, lazily using her yo-yo to clear up the remains of the food, interrupting your worried thoughts.

The Dessinateur peered over at Chat Noir who was staring intensely at his ring. He looked up excitedly, punching the air in front of him.

His ring lit up, and a velvety cloth like material shot out of it.

Everyone jumped back in shock, staring at the disconnected dots and fabric like lines slithering out of his hand.

The shop turned dark and dreary, the only light coming from the tendrils protruding from Chat Noir. His smile grew, receiving surprised stares from you and everyone else.

"I got this cat in the bag," he proclaimed as the room slowly began to change back to its original condition. His hand dropped back to his side, leaning back against the table.

There, lying in the center of you both was a black spandex suit, folded and identical to Chat Noir's.

"All of that, for a spare suit?" Nathanael exclaimed, looking back and forth between you and Chat Noir.

Chat Noir looked annoyed and handed you the neat pile. You accepted it in shock, unsure of what to say.

"Plagg always keeps a spare suit stored in the ring, y'know, just in case. Better if you use it than me." He explained, winking at you playfully.

"Oh, thanks." You smiled, heading to the back room to change.

A few moments later

You stepped through the doorway, wearing the black spandex suit. It hugged you every curve, giving you a sleek appearance.

"Very, uh, aerodynamic." You observed, swinging your arms back and forth.

Ladybug sat atop a table with Nathanael beside her. They both gave you a smile of approval before hopping back down.

You carefully removed the belt and tail, wondering why it was necessary to the assemble. The atmosphere remained quiet as the sleep deprived group struggled to stay awake.

"Does it have to be plain black?" You whined, turning to Chat Noir. He frowned at looked at Nathanael.

Soon, everyone was facing him, holding back giggles. Nathanael flushed red and put his stylus down.

"Come on Nath, give the lady what she wants." Ladybug giggled, punching him lightly in the arm.

You smiled along with them, glad the tension had eased up. Nathanael quickly sketched something onto his tablet, hugging it tighter to his chest.

A warm feeling spread throughout you, a smile creeping up your face. From the center of your chest, a purple swirling pattern expanded outward, taking the shape of a symmetrical purple butterfly.

"Wow," you breathed, tracing the intricate pattern. "Nath...it's beautiful..."

His eyes lit up, a hint of pink lingering on his cheeks.

"Alright guys, enough flirting. We got a butterfly to catch." Chat Noir swaggered, adjusting his gloves dramatically.

Everyone groaned at his pun, but soon you all out the door, practically flying through the streets.

I can't believe it...you thought nervously. I'm going to fight my father...