Chapter 7: We're Going Down (part one)

The Dessinateur clutched you to him, shielding you from the heavy rain, which was now descending upon your shivering bodies.

It smacked drop upon drop on you both like little pinpricks, flying in demented swirls with the roaring wind. It engulfed you both like the jaws of an angry lion.

"Y-you're g-g-gonna be o-ok," he croaked, pulling you in closer. "I-I..." He paused, staring down at your blood stained face, and placed his hand on your cheek.

"I-" he began again, but was immediately cut off by a flash of purple light, projecting across the eerie darkness.

The Dessinateur leaned back and shielded his eyes, tugging you back with him.

"Whatever you are, STAY AWAY! I've gone through hell to protect this town, and if you DARE lay a finger on her, SO HELP ME I will kill you where you stand!!" He screamed in agony as the light grew. It was now sending electricity sparks through the air, easily able to blind anyone who dared look directly at it.

"St-stylus," he began, in attempt to use his special power. "No, nothing like that will help now, this is way beyond an akuma, this.. This is..." But he never got to finish his sentence, for he collapsed next to you, his arm still draped around your shoulder.

What seemed like hours later, you awoke with a jolt, sitting up on what felt like a rubber floor, most likely in the school gym. Blurry faces swarmed around you, and muffled voices filled the air.

Finally when everything cleared up, you stared up to find that your whole class had formed a tight ring around you. They gasped at your gruesome physical state, faces masked with worry.

"Oh my gosh, look how scratched up you are!" Marinette exclaimed, wiping dry blood off your face.

"No, really I'm fine," you groaned, pushing yourself into an upright position.

Turning to the right to adjust your position, you spotted Nathanael sprawled across the floor next to you, limp and lifeless.

"Nath!" You gasped, rolling him into his back. Blood dribbled down his face from a horrific gash in his forehead, encrusting on his pale face. Loose bandages were messily tied around his scalp which was dyed bright red by blood.

"W-what happened to him?" You breathed, feeling exhausted and dizzy.

Your classmates gave you solemn looks, clutching each others hands and looking guilty of their own deadly wounds.

"He saved you, (y/n)..." Kim muttered.
"I was the first to see it. You were unconscious when he dragged you in here. Not soon after, he collapsed. Not sure where the Dessinateur went though, he probably fled. Wouldn't blame him."

"Despite the like, disgusting conditions of my hair and clothes, I would have totally taken a pic. It was like, so heroic and you looked like a zombie. Hahahaha!" Chloé laughed, receiving death stares from her classmates.

"Wow..." You trailed off, looking back at his pitiful helplessness. A single tear rolled down your cheek, mixing with dirt and grime.

"We're going to be ok, everyone." You assured, sniffling.

Everyone gathered closer around you and Nathanael, silently crying. You all exchanged loving words to one another, hoping that whoever was behind that extreme attack wouldn't hurt any of you or your families.

But no one seemed to pay attention to the blinding purple light, engulfing the streets, heading directly towards the school.

*anyone get the song reference in the chapter name? No? Ok.*