Chapter 11: Unforgiven And Forgotten

The violent wind howled, sending whirlwinds of dust around in the atmosphere. It was even colder now, making you both shiver uncomfortably.

"Kill me?" Nathanael burst out, backing away.

"No- I don't want to! My dad he- he's Hawk Moth. I don't want to be like him though! I really like you!" You rambled, clutching your bruised side.

The Dessinateur turned away from you, placing both of his hands on the back of his neck. He sighed, sounding choked up.

"I knew you were hiding something...I just didn't know it was something like this." He spat, whipping around. "You're working for him, aren't you? His own daughter! I'm just another challenge for you! You're pathetic! To think I could trust you!"

You stared at him, a single tear falling down your cheek.

"I don't want to be like him! I've been blind for so long, but he's only been using me. Nath, I...I love you, and I can trust you! Why can't you trust me?" You begged.

He glared at you with cold eyes, expressionless and motionless.

"Because you're no better than your father." Nathanael finished.

With that, he leapt off of the side, using his stylus to draw a safe path down the tower. You were left standing there, sins crawling on your back.

Letting out a cry, you crippled over, feeling your heart wrench. You replayed the conversation in your head, it only getting worse. His last words cut at your inside, digging deep into your heart.

But just when you thought it was over, a hand tapped you lightly on the shoulder, causing you to peer up curiously.

There was your father, reaching his arm out to help you up, this time instead of Nathanael.

You reached for it, feeling yourself rise.

"I'm sorry I ever doubted you." You mumbled with your head down.

"I'm sorry I had to put you through all of that." Hawk Moth grimaced.

"B-but you never apologize..." You tested, stepping back a little.

Your father smiled weakly, staring a bit too emotionally into the distance.

"That's what I had thought too." He hesitated for a moment before adding on, "would you like revenge? Revenge on him, Chat Noir, and Ladybug? I think we'll both benefit from this one."

You didn't waste a second to answer: "yes!" before shaking hands to seal the deal.

Finally, Nathanael will learn what it's like to be isolated and picked on, and forgotten. He's going to find out what it's like to have love taken away from him, he'll learn!

Oh he'll learn.