Chapter 8: We're Going Down (part two)

A loud boom erupted in the air, making you all jump. Everyone stood up slowly, wincing from the pain of their injuries.

Peering around, you motioned for your class to hide under the stairs, away from danger. They hobbled over, some peering back at Nathanael. He was still unconscious, and could easily pass as dead if it weren't for the rising and falling of his chest.

"Everyone stay here," you hushed, turning to carry Nathanael over. They all huddled in the corner, hugging whoever was next to them, regardless of popularity or friends.

You stared at your friends, a wave of guilt and sympathy washing over your darkened heart.

Your whole life, you were trained to have no empathy. No compassion. No love. But looking at the group you've spent the last month and half with, you cringed to realize you only manipulated them for your father.

Was he worth it?

Did they mean more to you than a family legacy?

Torn, you scooped up Nathanael's delicate body and stumbled towards the hiding place.

You must have been extremely worn out from the fall you took around an hour ago, because the air around your grew purple and fuzzy, and your pace slowed drastically. You felt your head droop, and saw that everyone back behind the stairs was victim to the same feeling.

Soon, your eyes rolled upward, you collapsing on the ground. Blinding purple light swallowed you into its depths, along with your traumatized alliance.

The smell of smoke and muck awoken you from your unconscious state.

Twice in a day? You silently scoffed.

Peering around your surroundings, you observed that you were back at your dad's house. You looked left and right, testing the atmosphere to see if it was safe.

Just the same old lair.

You stood up gingerly, wincing from the uncomfortableness of the concrete.

"(Y/n), you're back." Your father smirked from a dark corner. He emerged from the blackness with his signature grin plastered across his face.

"Yeah, I wonder how..." You sighed sarcastically, putting a hand up to your freckled face. "No dirt..."

"That's one of the side effects, it naturally restores you." Hawk Moth grinned, stepping closer.

"Side effects of that light? WAS THAT YOU?!" You exclaimed. "W-what does it do?"

Your father cackled, his akumas flying around him in distinct patterns.

"Miraculous control of course, how else are were supposed to find out out who is hiding one? Its strong rays corrupts whoever can't handle the power, except for those who have an kwami! I'm brilliant!" He rang, rubbing his hands together.

"Dad...so everyone is still asleep?" You asked calmly, enraged on the inside. "...But Chat, Ladybug, and The Dessinateur are still awake. I don't think you thought this through enough. They could just pretend to be passed out!" You rambled, trying to find ways to stop his villainous act from carrying out.

"That won't be a problem," Hawk Moth laughed. "Because I've got bait."

Before you could think, never mind respond, he yanked you up by the collar.

You clutched your throat, gasping for air, swatting at his arm.

Nevertheless for the third time today, everything went black.

Reader X Nathanael | ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें