Chapter 2: Preparation

The sound of honking cars and bell chimes drifted through your pitiful window, signaling you to wake.

You groggily opened your eyes, wondering why it was so early. Rolling over onto your side, you let out a large groan and pulled the sheets over your head.

That's right. School.

You threw on the outfit you picked out the night before before brushing out your extremely knotty long hair. After careful preparation, you finally were ready.

"Come down." Your heard your dad call from downstairs, sending a nervous chill up your spine. Racing downstairs, you quickly snatched up your precious sketch books and shoved then within your new textbooks.

"You're ready." He declared, gripping his staff excitedly. "Soon their miraculous will be mine."

"A-and me too, right dad?" You mumbled quietly, knowing that you have no part in the reward.

"If you can handle it. Now go, I have much planning to do." Hawk Moth declared. With a flourish, he lifted up his staff and hit it against the ground, filling the room with earsplitting echos.

You smiled halfheartedly, trying to stay hopeful, but deep down, you knew that you would have no part in the reward. It was always that way.

Adjusting your loose flannel and retying your converse, you strode down the eerie hallway to claim your backpack. It was laying on a single twisted hook, sharp and intimidating. You gulped, and stuffed the remaining books into the velvety bag.

A wave of dread washed over you as you swung your bag over your shoulder.

I've never been in the real world before, what am I doing? What if I mess up? How do I act? Do I look ok? How do I make friends?

Nevertheless, you shoved those thoughts aside and stepped through the rusted door into the bright, sunny morning.

Destiny awaited.