Chapter 9: Lure

You opened your eyes slowly, not knowing what to expect. Peering downward, you gasped to see that a weird elastic had been tied tightly around you like a cocoon.

Rolling back and forth in your unnecessarily tight bundle, you observed that you were on a tower of some sort, placed carefully at the top.

The world went fuzzy and you clenched up in fear.

Back and forth you rolled and flailed, smashing up against every surface possible as the loud wind whipped in your face.

Panic *at the disco* overcame you as you wondered who could have orchestrated such a juvenile act.

"SOMEONE HELP!" You screamed in agony, tears rolling down your face.

Knowing that no one would hear you, you curled into a semi-fetus position, tears streaming down your face. It was extremely cold and you could feel your lips turning blue.

Dad, you thought, shaking in pure anger. He did this to me...

You observed further, seeing a needle like point at the very top of the building.

The spire of the Eiffel Tower! You gasped inwardly.

Feeling light headed and extremely sleepy, you fell into a restless slumber, wondering what was to become of you.

The wind grew stronger.

Miles away...

Nathanael woke up with a jolt, wincing at the throbbing pain in his head.

Seeing that he was still in the school gym, he sighed in relief.

"Hello?" He croaked out, standing up shakily.

No answer.

Where is everyone? He thought desperately.

"Ahh!" He cried suddenly, spotting his half hidden friends. They were all unconscious, a faint purple haze protruding from them.

With further inspection, Nathanael realized that they were only unconscious, and not badly harmed.

Someone has to call an ambulance! He thought, panicked and close to tears.

Turning on his heel, Nathanael darted out of the double doors and into the eerily quiet outside world.

Nothing was moving, making noises, or running.

He stood there in confusion, wondering how the city became so silent so quickly.

As if his last thoughts didn't apply, a loud, powerful wind blew last him, almost knocking him off his feet.

Nathanael cried out, quickly catching his balance. He gripped the stylus in his back pocket, bracing himself. Covering his cut with his sleeve, Nathanael grimaced at the stinging feeling in his head.

"Ah, hello Dessinateur. Or are you Chat Noir? We'll be finding out soon. If you ever want (y/n) to see the light again, I suggest that you reveal yourself and go rescue her. Can't do much as Nathanael..." A loud voice boomed over the city.

"Hawk Moth?" Gasped Nathanael, looking around in fear.

No source of sound could be spotted, the noise just seemed to echo throughout the maze of buildings and shops, having no beginning point.

"That just sounds like a cheesy lure, how do you expect me to believe you? Nathanael scoffed, crossing his arms.
"I'm not even Chat Noir or the Dessinateur!"

"Then how are you still awake? Anything that came in contact with that light would have passed out. Except those who could tolerate it..." Hawk Moth purred gleefully.

Nathanael hesitated before saying, "I have a good immune system...?" He shifted his weight from each foot to the next, his hand still clenched around his stylus.

"Adrien and Marinette seem to be awake too, I wonder if that hints at anything." And with that, the last echos bounced around and died out, leaving Nathanael frozen to the spot.

"(y/n)..." He sobbed, wondering how his life became so terrible so fast. And how did Hawk Moth get ahold of her?

Torn, he walked down the deserted street, tugging his jacket further over his shirt.

*I just watched the English version of episode 8 and dang, his voice is lower than I expected.*