Chapter 1: Spies

School. You'd never heard of such a thing, and frankly didn't see the point of it. Kids sitting for hours at a time listening to endless lectures? Sounded like jail to you.

"Get down here!" Hawk Moth boomed, rattling the floors of your messy room.

Sighing, you scooped up your sketch notebooks and raced down to see what the fuss was about.

You reached the bottom of the crooked stairs to see your dad standing in the middle of his akuma releasing room, impatiently rocking back and forth.

Not this again, you silently grumbled, readjusting your hands on the scruffy notepads.

"Look, you're going to be fifteen tomorrow, and I feel as if it's a good year to end your training." He began slowly.

You stared blankly at your father, unsure of what to make of the words that had just toppled from his mouth.

"What training? I'm basically your slave!" You shot back, rolling your bright blue eyes and crossing your arms.

"In order to lure them to our clutches, we need to find away to get close to the miraculous holders. That's where you come in." Hawk Moth smiled mischievously and started to pace, ignoring your previous comment.

"You are going to find out their secret identities, and when you do, they'd do anything to gain back their dignity."

"Then, we are able to expose them so much that they'll hand over their miraculouses!" You exclaimed in excitement, catching on.

"Exactly. You will be starting school tomorrow, I've already registered you.  Gather as much information as you can while you're there. There's been an awful lot of occurrences there..." He carried on in his monotone voice.

"But how?" You cried, "I've never had experience in the real world! How do I act, how do I dress, I-"

"Questions later. I have business to do." He snapped.

With a loud crack, Hawk Moth was gone, leaving only a trace of smokey butterflies behind. They fluttered up toward the ceiling in jagged movements, having no destination planned.

You stared up at them as they made their last smokey flutters, wondering what would become of you and those next two months ahead.