The Necklace

**Come with me Arhi**

David's hand stretched out to her, as his other hand holding a gun, its nozzle exhausting smoke. Her head was swaying left and right, a sign for no. He pointed his gun and fired. Arhainna looked at her back. Her eyes widened. Mommy Cristy and Daddy Garreth was tied behind her few paces away, and Paul was laying down, tied and lifeless. She cried out for Paul but no voice came out of her mouth.

**Come with me, Arhi** David said again, taking one step. Arhianna again swayed her head. David made a couple of shots that hit her parents. She wanted to run towards her family's body but her legs were stuck as if they were glued. 

**Last chance Arhi. Come with me** He raised his arm where the gun is, pointed upward directly above his head. A body started to decent. Tied and mouth gagged, Glaizel was trying to wiggle herself free but the rope was tightly wrapped around her body. Muffling was the only sound she can make.

**No please, David.** Arhianna's mind was shouting. She wants to have it out of her mouth but her throat was dry that sounds can't flow out. 

David's thumb pulled the gun's hammer, placing his point finger on the trigger.

**On the count of 3 Arhi. Her life is in your hand**

Arhianna wants to run. Wants to stop David. To save Glaizel but her body getting stiffer. Her legs was beginning to fade. She looked at David again. His eyes were angry. The last sound she heard was a gun fire. Glaizel's blood falling on David's head.

----------

"GLAI!!!!" Arhianna suddenly sat up finding an empty space beside her on the hammock. The comforter was the only thing that kept her warm on her sleep.

"Glai! Where are you?" she alighted the hammock, checked the whole room and the bathroom. "God Glai, where are you," she slumped on the bed, drowning her face on her palm, sobbing. She felt the weight of the necklace on her neck. She held it. There was a red liquid coming out of its opening. It flowed down on her hand like a railway. Her hand trembled.

"Rhi! What happened? Are you okay?" Glaizel who just came in ran, kneeling down infront of the trembling Arhianna. "Shhh... I'm here, I'm here," clasping the hand of the woman.

"Where have you been? I'm so worried. I thought.... I thought...."

"I'm sorry. I can't wake you up. You are sound asleep. I just went to the main building to rent a car for us and ask for the nearest store where we can buy some change of clothes. Had a nightmare?"

Arhianna nodded, still trembling.

"Whatever it is, its just a bad dream. It will never happen," Glaizel assured, bringing Arhianna's hand to her lips.

"But the necklace. It's b... bleed...ing,"

Glaizel checked on the locket hanging on the silver chain on Arhianna's neck.

"Sweetheart, there's nothing on the locket. Its clean. See?"

Arhianna saw the shining surface of the locket. It was as clean as it was yesterday when Glaizel wore it around her.

"But the blood ran through my hands,"

"It's alright. If you say it was bleeding, then it was. But right now, there's none. Probably the necklace was just telling you something. A warning, maybe. But don't let it scare you. I will not allow anyone to hurt you, okay?" she pulled Arhianna to kiss her forehead. "Come on, breakfast's on its way. Good food on the veranda will surely give you good mood," she stood up, helping Arhianna to get on her feet and guide her to the bathroom to get ready.