"No. I mean, sort of. I lived with my aunts and other relatives but my parents gave me this house when I turned eighteen and that's when I started living alone, officially."

"Why are they so far away from you?"

"Actually, they're not in US, I guess. I think they got a divorce and left on their separate ways and might be living with their new families, we never know. I've only been telling everyone that lame excuse everytime because that's what my parents told me everytime I asked them myself. But let's face it, I'm not nine year old to believe that petty excuse, am I?"

I looked at this stunning girl beside me straight to the eyes and I couldn't help my growing adoration. She'd been deprived of love and care for a long d*mn time yet look at her, still smiling at me like she didn't care.

"But I don't really dwell on it. I've already accepted the fact that sh*t happens yet life goes on. It won't stop for me so all I could do is never let it stop me from living an awesome life either." she smiled.

I smiled back, "That, my friend, is one he*l of a speech." she chuckled.

This girl never failed to amuse me.

I dumbly looked at my wrist again, forgetting the fact that it didn't have a watch on and I face-palmed. She laughed.

"I guess I'm gonna go." I said, not really wanting to leave.

"Yeah, I guess." she hesitantly said.

I cocked my head to the side, pondering if I should leave her alone. But then again, she might wanted to be.

"Are you sure you're okay alone?" I asked as I stood up.

"Yeah..." she trailed off.

What did it mean if she said yes but then she look hesitant about it? Ugh, girls.

"Lock all the doors and windows, okay babe?" I said as I made may way to the front door. She followed me but she was looking down. I cupped her chin. "What's wrong?"

She looked apprehensive. "Nothing. Bye, Louis."

I squinted my eyes. I wasn't a mind-reader but this gave off easily. Does she want me to stay? I smiled.

I held the door knob and I saw her eyes focused on my hand. When she thought I was going to open it I quickly locked it then grabbed her hand and soon, I was dragging her upstairs.

"What are you doing?" she asked. I couldn't help but notice that her eyes sparkled a little. She wants me to stay.

"I'm going to sleep, how about you? What do you plan to do?" I rhetorically asked. She smiled.

**

I sat by her side as she laid on her bed. I decided to stay there until she falls asleep then sleep on the couch downstairs myself. I figured she'd still be scared of being alone because of what happened earlier so she wanted me to spend the night. She insisted I sleep beside her but I declined, I guessed that would make her uncomfortable thus, me sleeping on the couch later.

Her eyes were closed and her full lips were slightly parted as puffs of air came out of it. Her breathing was even, indicating she was already asleep. I tucked the strands of hair that were covering her face behind her ear.

"It kills me to know that you have been alone your whole life, El."

I caressed her cheek and stared at her for a while.

"You don't deserve it."

I held her hand and kissed the back of it. Then I made the decision I knew I would never regret.